Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workflow events background job monitoring

rmeijn
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

In our ERP system we use the Workflow events. For these events the back ground job SWEQSRV must be scheduled. Sometimes the jobs stops working and there is no active job any more in tr-SM37. Old jobs are also deleted and the job SWEQSRV is also not in error state. So monitoring the error status is difficult.

Is there a way to monitor this job others than log in the system it self’s and start the transaction – SWEQADM.

Is it possible to monitor the status of this job or event queue in the Technical Monitoring of the Solution Manager 7.1?

Kind regards,

Richard Meijn

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Richard,

Solution manager is perfect for monitoring background jobs (part of EWA).

You should also try to find the reason why it fails (SM21 can be helpfull in that regard).

Also from my experience I have not needed the event queue any more, most sap systems are capable of handling lots events being created at once, unless you have stuff like HR systems where an indexation on pension funds will trigger 100.000 workflows but other than that your system should be fine.

SWU3 is the automatic customizing for workflow with a part on background jobs.

Kind regards, Rob Dielemans

rmeijn
Explorer
0 Kudos

Rob,

Thanks for your answer and my excuses for my late reply.

Some times the event batch job stops working and there is no new job scheduled. Previous job of the workflow events are automaticaly deleted. So we could not trace the reason why the job stops working. If it is possible to monitor the job or the workflow events in the technical monitoring of Solution Manager 7.1 I will be very pleased.

Kind regards,

Richard Meijn

former_member186746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Richard,

Transaction SWEQADM is for event delivery and event queue.

You can click the event queue browser to see if there are still events to be delivered. SHIFT+F7

And tab linkages with error to deliver events again if they were failed due to a job error.

Transaction SWPC is to continue workflows after a system crash.

Kind regards, Rob Dielemans

Answers (0)