Split Invoice based on condition type

former_member299860
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello!

We have two types of conditions

1) Service rate, Material rate

2) Toll/MT, TOLL/Trip for single trip.

The requirement is to generate toll condition type alone as a separate invoice with different payment terms.

Kindly suggest.

Warm Regards!

AL

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ravi_kumar100
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In your case there will be 2 different Billing types and 2 Different Pricing procedures for Billing.

The first Billing type will have your both condition types :

1) Service rate, Material rate

2) Toll/MT, TOLL/Trip for single trip

in Pricing procedure .

The second Billing Type will have only the Toll condition types in the pricing procedure.

You need to check with Business when should the Second Billing Type document to be generated.

Let others give their opinion too.

Regards,

SRK

former_member299860
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi SRK,

Thanks! I think the solution provided by you would work. Will try this out and update.

Beat Regards!

AL

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not possible for one line item with different payment terms.  Either you need to split the line item into two based on which, you can split the invoice which is a standard functionality; else, have to write a coding in VOFM which should be assigned to copy control.  Of course, no need of having two pricing procedure.

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member299860
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Lakshmipathi,

Please let me know did you mean with the help of the routine in the copy control,  while doing the Invoice the system will pick the appropriate pricing based on the Payment term entered in the sales document.

Please let me know if my understanding correct.

Thanks!

Best Regards

AL

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think, you have not gone through my first line comment where I have very clearly indicated that it is not possible to have two payment terms for one line item.  If at all, you want two payment terms, your line item should also be two.  Now coming to VOFM, what I meant was, assuming that there is going to be one line item with two condition types as you mentioned in your initial post, you have to add the logic in a customized routine and assign in copy control

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member299860
Participant
0 Kudos

I read your first line comment also Lakshmipathi. And I am aware that there cant be two payment terms for the same line item. But I was thinking if the triggering point for the routine could be based on the payment terms since my customer wants it that way.

Best Regards!

AL

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Your ABAP team can do that.  Tell the required logic so that they can build the coding accordingly.  But once it is done, test it thoroughly as I foresee lot of issues you would face once the accounting document is posted.  So take the concurrence from them also.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andrews,

1. You have one line item with one payment term in the document. It means based on this payment you can maintain condition record for term your Service rate, Material rate condition type.

2. Now for determining condition rate of toll condition type you need to have a different payment term. From where you are going to pick the payment term for toll condition type?

Of course in VTFL you can assign a custom routine with additional logic for split based on payment terms of both condition type. And assign it to the field Data VBRK/VBRP.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I forget to add one important fact that you can have different payment terms for condition types.  In condition record, you have this option.  So try this and don't forget to update

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andrews,

You said

toll condition type alone as a separate invoice with different payment terms.

Does it mean that your invoice has two different line items with different payment terms or how is it?

I would like to know how you are going to capture two different payment terms in invoice?

former_member299860
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Satyajit,

No! There would be only one line item with either of the one payment term.

Do you mean that the material code to be entered in two different lines?

Best Regards

AL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andrews,

yes, If you will create two different line items with two payment terms then invoice split will do the rest.

former_member299860
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Satyajit,

The customer has already rejected this option of entering two line items with different payment terms to split the invoice and so this is ruled out.

Thanks!

Best Regards!

AL