Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fiori Launchpad - Merge Groups

jon_m_bergara
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

We want to replace a SAP Portal solution with a Fiori Launchpad running in SAP Gateway.

The SAP Portal solution relies heavily on merging roles:

- Portal Role A provides 'Tab 1' and under this tab 'iView A'.

- Portal Role B provides also 'Tab 1' and under this tab 'iView B'.

If I'm assigned to Roles A and B, then in the Portal I see 'Tab 1' and under this tab 'iView A' and 'iView B'. (I.e. I don't see two separate instances of 'Tab 1').

We want to replicate the same concept in the Fiori Launchpad, without changing the authorizations at high-level:

- ABAP Role A provides 'Group 1' and under this group 'Tile A'.

- ABAP Role B provides 'Group 1' and under this group 'Tile B'.

Unfortunately, if I'm assigned to ABAP Roles A and B, in the Launchpad I see two separate groups (both with the same label, 'Group 1'), one contains 'Tile A' and the other one 'Tile B'.

Is it possible to apply a similar merging concept in the Fiori Launchpad as it was possible in the SAP Portal?

Thanks in advance,

Jon

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jon,

I think that "Target Mapping" can be a viable answer to your request.

See http://scn.sap.com/community/ui-technology/blog/2016/02/29/sap-fiori-launchpad--control-visibility-o... for detailed explanation.

Translation to your request would be:

• Catalog 1 Supplier Portal All containing all tiles (x portal apps),
  • Catalog 2 Sourcing containing only target mapping for the approval tiles which should be availble for the sourcing suppliers
  • Catalog 3 logistics containing only target mapping for the travel request tile which should be availble for the logistics involved.

Create X roles within transaction PFCG and assign it to the relevant users:

o    Sourcing Role: this role should contain

• Catalog Portal Services (=Supplier Portal All)
  • Catalog Sourcing Suppliers
  • Tile group Sourcing

o    Logistics Role: this role should contain

• Catalog Portal Services (=Supplier Portal All)
  • Catalog logistics Suppliers
  • Tile group logistics

Regards, William.

jon_m_bergara
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks William

We tested that approach and it worked.

Best regards,

Jon

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jon,

We cannot compare tab and iView of portal to group and tile of FIORI launchpad directly. What you can do is,

Create a generic group which can hold both Tile A and Tile B. And separate groups with Tile A and another with Tile B. If a certain user requires both the tiles, assign the generic group to that user and not the other groups. Restrict the applications based on the user roles and authorizations.

Second option is create a catalog with tiles for group 1 and separate catalog for group 2 and assign accordingly.

Regards

Sabarinathan C

jon_m_bergara
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Sabarinathan,

Thanks for the answer.

Unfortunately the first solution isn't an option for us: we don't want to change the roles assigned to the users and therefore we cannot base the solution on using 3 roles, where we are currently using 2 roles.

I'm not sure I understand the second solution. The catalogs seem to control what tiles you can 'search' and organise in the launchpad personalisation, but they don't have an effect on what tiles you get on your default menu.

I'm quite surprised SAP didn't implement in the FLP such a basic feature as the ability to merge 'navigation nodes'. This feels a lot less flexible than the SAP Portal, and limits the ability to provide an optimised UX.

Cheers,

Jon