Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dependencies in variant configuration missing after client copy

marie_renneke
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

I'm not quite sure, if I'm opening this discussion in the right area, but let me explain the issue:

After we've done a remote client copy via SCC9 with profile SAPALL from QAS to DEV (both ERP 6.0) - just like we did several times before - our customer is missing the object dependencies in CS03 in the target client. So now the whole variant configuration doesn't work.

In the source client everything works fine - and for us it is the first time this problem ever occured.

For I'm just a technical admin without any further knowledge of the application itself, I tried my best to analyse this problem by checking the client copy logs for relevant table copy errors, re-checked the copy exceptions table and debugging all the way through CS03. Without any helpful result.

I also tried to have a look at the customizing via SPRO, but there doesn't seem to be anything relevant for this issue.

As far as I understand, the dependencies are calculated realtime during the call of the material in CS03 - but I'm not a developer either

Does anybody have an idea, what could be wrong with the variant configuration / dependencies?

Is there any table that might be missing entries for dependencies?

I'd be very grateful for any idea how to solve this problem

Thanks & regards

Marie

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

anand_sagarsethi
Contributor
0 Kudos

I will try my best to help you, below are 3 tables: that actually maintains the object dependency.

CUOB Link between Object and Dependency

CUKB Administrative Information for Dependency Maintenance

CUKN Dependency Storage u2013 Variants/Configuration

If these tables do not have the dependency available then your BOM will not have Object dependency.

Try to replicate those, will help you get the object dependency in your DEV system.

marie_renneke
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

thank you! That helped me a lot!

I didn't associate CUOB with object dependencies - as you can see, I'm totally in the dark about these things ...

In fact there were copy errors on CUOB during the client copy.

I'm now trying to do a cross system comparison - to see where the differences are ...

anand_sagarsethi
Contributor
0 Kudos

great! Let us know what were the errors.

thanks

anand

marie_renneke
Participant
0 Kudos

I'm sorry, this might come a little late, but the problem was found in table CUOB < somehow the content hadn't been copied.

Thank you for you help!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

keyur_mistry1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Marie Renneke

lets discuss to reach route cacuse and get solution.

Question 1. In variant configuration we have many object depdecies and we use to assign at many diffrent objects. So, Here you face only problem with CS03?

If YES means Item table of BOM has problem. (Table - STPO)

If  NO then can you pls tell me problem with which are other objects.

2nd most importatnt infomation needs to check CUKB table entry of object dependency at both client. If table entry is same means all object dependecy has reach to target clinet. Just assignmnet missing. 

• Check CUKB table count (Number of entries)
  • Table CUKB has Relationtype facility. Which can more helpful

3rd Point is Do below excecise, which will give u clear idea,

Copy BOM from one refrence BOM, without selcting the BOM item. Observe the result.

Copy BOM from one refrence BOM, with selcting the BOM item. Observe the result.

CUOB table will help to check STPO count for object dependecy.

Hope this is helpful to you.

Keyur,