cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accural/ Rebate calculation / Load from legacy system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

as a newbie in the area of rebate, I am facing the issue of how to migrate the remaining rebate / accural from the legacy system.

Based on user request, they will calculate the figures in the old system and perform settlement in SAP ( e.g. before 1.Juli in old system , afterwards in SAP ). Thus having the following question:

1. - does that mean the accural need to be entered manually ( increased manually according to the figure in legacy ) ? Does this approach work?
  2. - Does the limitation of a rebate settlement to the accruals be a problem? since the real rebate takes only the invoices after 01.Juli.
  3. - Is there a possibility to adjusted a rebate agreement with old figures?
  4. - How should the user perform the first settlement?
  5. - Do we have other approaches to do that ?

thanks!

Regards

Recke

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Hi Recke

You posed a quastion to me through a previous SCN link.
Do you know if it is possible to manually add accruals into an agreement ?

The answer is yes you can. The functionality was commonly used in the old rebate procedure
where retro active posting was not possible. In transaction VBo2 go to the menu path > Extras >
Manual Accrual. You enter the amount and save and it will create a sales order which you can bill and release to accounting to reflect the accruals you are carrying over from your legacy system.

Hope it helps
Kind regards
Brian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Brian,

first thanks for the answer

actually I found it, but there are still some concerns, I addressed them in the reply to my original post above.

the interesting is , I can create manually accruals now, but if i call vb(7, only the sales based accruals would be created...or I have to manually input my accruals in VBO2, which is not limited... it sounds like an unacceptable solution for the customer... Do you know a better way to do that ?

Thanks

Regards

0 Kudos

Hi Recke

It all sounds correct to me. You are using the new rebate procedure so normally it is not necessary

to post manual accruals here because when you run VBoF it updates the billing documents with pricing type I and updates the agreement accruals completely for all billing documents within the
validity period of the agreement. So the accruals will be complete and correspond to the condition value defined in the agreement.

Remeber that accruals are just an internal mechanism to record potential liabilitiesthat might be made some time in the future. These accrauls are not given to the customer they are only internal, the value given to the customer is based on the sales volume. In the partial payment or final settlement you will see the rebate condition twice, eg: Bo01, one is the real payment to the customer and the other is the statistical accrual condition which will reverse an accruals posted. 

So for example you have an agreement with 10 invoices all posting 10 Euro each to the customer account and at the same time posting the same 100 euro to the accruals account for the agreement.
If you then post a manual accruals document for say 5000 Euro bill it and release it to accounting.

Now when you create your settlement in this example you will have 2 Bo01 conditions
Bo01 = 100 Eur (the real payment to the customer)
Bo01 = 5100 Eur (the statistical accruals condition)

So the customer get his 100 based on the sales volume and the total accruals amount posted is reversed at the final settlement.  

Hope it helps further
Kind regards
Brian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brian,

thanks for the reply and detailed example.

forgive me if I ask some dumm questions > but what is Bo01 in your example ?

in the invoice conditions I can only see the conditiontype i defined in agreement.

And by creating manual accruals, the system generated automatically B4 documents, which should be posted first, then the total amount in agreement would change.

And in the settlement, i only tried final settlement ( because somehow in partial settlement system can not make a proposal value ). In this final settlement ( if I did it with VB(7  ), only the sales based volume - sales relevant accruals are provided and settled. The manual accruals are missing.

or if i click final settlement in agreement, also the sales based volume would be suggested.

Could you tell me where i can find the conditions you mentioned in your example , Bo01 ?

Thanks!

0 Kudos

Hi

In the definition of the rebate agreement VB(2, you can define the payment procedure, example
C no limits for manual payment. The option you choose there determines what you see at setlement or partial payment.

Sorry the Bo01 I was referring to is a standard rebate condition type defined in transaction V/06
I actually meant to use the most common one Bo03 (customer rebate) I have screen shots here
to show the case I was talking about

The example has a sales volume posted of 14.20 Eur the same amount was posted in accruals
but then I posted -4900 EUR manual accruals. I carried out the final settlement and the proposed
value in the sales document created was 14.20 (correct based on the sales volume) and the statistical condition is for 4904.20- (consuming all the open accruals)

See below:

Hope it helps
Brian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brian,

thanks for ur screenshots,

If i understand correctly, in your example, you just take 14,20 as final settlement. And the second Bo03 cosumes all the rest of accurals INTERNALLY, (thus 4904,20 is statistic ).  And actually customer will get paid 14,20 , am I right ?

i have a similar example,

based on previous sales , there is accruals 324

then I create manually 100 in addition,

then I generate final settlement, ( using TA VB(7  ).

this is the credit memo request (VA02)

and this is the credit memo ( VF02)

However, my question is , how can I give the customer the manual created 100 ?

I found out, that I can use VBO2 , and generate final settlement with manual input ( what ever value I give ) ,

in condition , the second ZBR1 would always consume all the rest accruals , no matter the real accruals given to the customer.  Am I understanding correct ?

But don't you think it is a little dangerous , that the user can manually change the amount which will be issued to a customer, and this can not be tracked any where ?

Ideal will be, that we can print out a list before the real credit memo requests are created, to double check the accruals ( e.g. which part from the sales volume, which part are from manual ).  Is this function in Standard SAP possible ?

Thanks!

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

one more thing, what I am facing is an issue of migrate figures from old system.

since we can not migrate the sales volume from legacy, then we can only generate manually the accruals.

however, i dont see the approach above any different than creating credit memo directly to the customer.

Do we have a safer approach ?

Thanks!

0 Kudos

Hi Recke

I suppose the approach taken for the migration is something to be decided by the business.
Using the full manual payment option there is an audit trail in the agreement, it shows the rebate documents, payments and final settlement and they show who created them and when. I understand you might not want the fields open to settle for any amount. The amount that can be paid is determined by the Payment procedure field in VB(2. So in your example if you want to pay for the 100 Eur you manually accrued you could set the payment procedure to 'A' - payment allowed up to the accruals value. The when you make a partial payment using the PAY option you would be proposed 442 the 342 plus the extra 100 you added manually.

There is an option via note 215438 to allow an agreement to be settled at 0.00 value afterwards if
required. Deleting an agreement with sales volume also has the same effect it creates a zero value final settlement and reverses the accruals.

Kind regards

Brian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Brian,

thanks again for the instant reply.

"...Using the full manual payment option there is an audit trail in the agreement, it shows the rebate documents, payments and final settlement and they show who created them and when...."

could you tell me where i can find it ? because in the agreement , one thing bothers me is I can not see

1. which documents were created for settlements. e.g. payments, manual accruals, so if i can find these trails, it would be great ...

2. which sales documents were settled already, e.g. in "Verification level " I can see list of sales documents , based on them the accruals are calculated, but I can not tell which of them are already settled / Payed, which are to be settled... ----> i was told that is not possible , is it true ?

Thanks

0 Kudos

Hi Recke

In VBo3 go to the path > rebate payments > rebate documents.
In here all corresponding documents to the agreement are listed.

The identifier in a rebate document is the header field KNUMA.
(This is only filled in actual rebate payments not in the reference billing documents)

So if you have an agreement and it has rebate documents created against it
you will find all the sales documents in VBAK  (VBAK-KNUMA = agreement number)
and you will find all the billing documents in VBRK (VBRK-KNUMA = agreement number)

Hope it helps
Kind regards
Brian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brian,

thanks that you still visit this thread and reply.

Yes , I also found the KNUMA, but there is no difference before or after patial settlement.

e.g. if i create monthly setttlement, through KNUMA I would find always all the invoices... but which of them belongs this months can not be identified, or there is a way to differentiate them ?

thanks

Regards

0 Kudos

Hi Recke

In the rebate documents list in VBo3 the partial settlements are listed in the order they were created
If you were querying the VBRK table in SE16 using KNUMA you also have the billing date FKDAT

and the created on date ERDAT. I guess if you were creating a partial settlement each month one or both of these fields would correspond to the month the invoice was created in.

I hope it helps you further 
Kind regards
Brian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brian,

yes , this could be a solution, if settlements are made on different days, then we can use DATES to separate billing documents , which are relevant.

one more question. since we are considering migrate the old figures from legacy into SAP. And in VBo2 , i can find 2 figures.

1. using , i can find a total = sales based accruals + manual added accruals. in my example 424 ( inlcuding 100 manually added ).

2. using Verification level I can see all sales document, and sales based subtotal of accruals.,e.g. 324

Question: do you know where are these 2 figures saved in SAP,  some table ?

If they are saved somewhere in the table, then we may able to upload data to update the figures.( migration)

Thanks

Regards

0 Kudos

Hi Recke

The verification level displays it's values from the S136 structure (if you are using the new rebate procedure) and the sales volume values are taken directly form S060.

To view the table contents directly go to VBo3 into the agreement and go into the condition and switch on the debugger. Check the contents of the xvake table.
You will have the VAKEY and the KNUMH
You can use the KNUMH condition record number to find the S136 and S060 values and the
VAKEY can be used to locate all the documents in the rebate index table VBOX.

These tables are updated when an invoice is posted to accounting or by running SDBONT06 it will
update the tables on billing documents that are valid but missing the rebate conditions (retroactive)

Kind regards

Brian

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

if I click in an agreement, in which condition was already maintained.

and try to input manually the accurals

I got the error message

Value exceeds open accruals. 0,00

Message no. VK443

I checked the agreement type , the manual accruals is allowed. Could anyone explain ?

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

the above mentioned problem seems to be solved.

I need to call VBOF , then add accruals manually. However I have another question :

1.based on my sales volumn, i got e.g. 200 euro as accural, in VBO2 i can see it in "Sales Volumn"

2. if i created manually in Agreement 100 euro manual accural, B4 document would be generated, and after billing, the accruals in VBO2- sales volume, i can see 300 there ( the 100 euro is added,) ,

3. however, if i tried to create final settlements - i can only see 200 euro there ( based on sales volumn), and if i use VB(7 , also 200 would be used to create credit memo request.

4. I tried to click final settlement , 200 euro would be suggested, but I can change to any value here. and generate credit memo without any warning or error message. That suprises me !

And in the agreement, I can not track the manual creation I have done,

I can use the step4 to give customer the accruals , but is there any better way to migrate the accruals to SAP ?

Thanks!

regards