cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Partner function "not modifiable" box cannot be unchecked

0 Kudos

Hi all,

In our SAP environment the customer hierarchy is maintained. The requirement is to have the customer hierarchy visible in all the sales documents.I've performed the necessary customizing for partner functions 1A to 1D. So when a new sales document is created, these partner functions (with the corresponding values) are automatically added to the sales document. This works correcty! Every new sales document has the customer hierarchy in the partner section.

The next step is to perform an update to all the existing sales documents to have the customer hierarchy in these documents also. When I try to update a sales document by choosing the partner function 1A and give the corresponding value, the following message appears:

Partners from function xxx cannot be processed online

Message No. VPD032

Diagnosis

Partners in the specified partner function cannot be processed online. The program generates them and completes the data automatically.

In the customizing the partner functions in procedure for partners 1A to 1D, these all have the box "Not Modifiable" checked. When I uncheck them and save the changes, the system automatically checks them again. This applies in the similar vay, but the other way around for field "Mandat.Funct". Box is unchecked, when I check it, the system automatically unchecks it again.

I've looked in the discussion groups and sap documentation, but I cannot find any reason why the system behaves like this. Changing the partner functions to "Unique" or not does not affect this behaviour.

As soon as I can modify the partner functions, I want to update the sales documents according to the customer hierarchy. I will probably use LSMW for this. Even better would be a way that the system automatically updates the partner functions in the sales documents according to the customer hierarchy. But I guess that is wishful thinking.

I'm open to all suggestions and ideas.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Hasan,

sorry to disappoint you, but your idea to update old documents with customer hierarchy will not work.

It is possible to do that for orders with no subsequent documents (change sold-to party, then change it back), but for the rest, I don't think that you can update the partners without causing further issues in a productive environment.

I am not sure what was the exact reason behind the design, but to me it makes sense to restrict adding/removing/modifying hierarchy partners when you have subsequent documents, because customer hierarchy levels are typically used to determine different pricing.

You will need to find a different way to correct your reports or pricing (these are the only scenarios, that I can think of, where the business might want to update hierarchy partners).