cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error: transaction type SMIN has already been included in the categorization schema - SAP_SOLUTION_MANAGER_TEMPLATE

0 Kudos

Hi,

during the setup of the IT Service Management I get the error:

Error: transaction type SMIN has already been included in the categorization schema - SAP_SOLUTION_MANAGER_TEMPLATE

To solve the problem I followed the Note 1956609 - ITSM 'Activate Categorization Scheme' returns "Error: transaction type SMIN has already been included in the categorization schema - SAP_SOLUTION_MANAGER_TEMPLATE." - Solution Manager 7.10.

But when I got to step 5. I cannot find the transaction types.

1. Run transaction sm_crm and select role SOLMANPRO if/when prompted
  2. Browse to 'service operation'
  3. Browse to ' categorization schema'
  4. Search and select SAP_SOLUTION_MANAGER_TEMPLATE, click New Version button
  5. Select the transaction types which should be removed for usage and press 'Delete' button.
  6. Save and Change Status from 'Draft' to 'Released'. The new version will be activated according to your defined timestamp

Thanks in advance for any help on this issue,

Beni

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member194601
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Beni,

There are many reasons why you get such error message.

Let me explain those scenarios below, so that you can get better idea of how categorization schema work.

1. My first advice will be, never work with any SAP standard transaction eg: SMIN,SMPR etc.

The reason is, in future if there is any update from SAP all the standard transaction types gets updated.

So, try using customized transaction types.

Similarly, you create a new categorization schema by copying from standard SAP schema.

Note: Never keep the valid to date of any schema up to the year 2999. It creates error when you want to create a new categorization schema.

2. In case if you are going to create a new schema, first we need to make the active schema (Schema 1) as inactive. This can be done by the following steps

(a) Create a new version (Schema 2) of existing schema and delete all the transactions in it. By doing like this, you can avoid an error " Transaction SMIN or ZMIN already exists in some other schema"

(b) Now, make the version as active by releasing it. This schema will have no transaction types assigned to it.

(c) Select the versioned schema (Schema 2) and then click new button. This prompts for creation of new schema (Schema 3) from the versioned one.

(d) For the newly created schema, add all the transaction types, keep the valid to date in near future say for one year and release it.

So finally the third schema will the current schema...

Hope these points clarifies you.

Let me know in case if you need more help.

Cheers,

Vignesh

0 Kudos

Hello Vignesh,

thanks for this fast and detailed answer. I copied the SAP standard transaction SMIN to ZMIN. I think my error happened running a step oft the IT Service Monitoring twice (Activate Categorization Scheme).

I followed your solution, but I do not find how to add the transaction type and I cannot find any help or document on this.

Thanks,

Beni

former_member194601
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Beni,

Follow the below steps which explains how to add transaction types to categorization schema.

Image 1: This depicts the versioned schema with no transaction type assigned to it.

Image 2: In the new version i.e. Schema 3, we can add transaction as depicted in below screen shot

To add new transaction types to the categorization schema, click on edit button.

In application area tab, click new to add transaction type. From here, you can add service request, incident and problem transaction which you are using in ITSM.

Hope this clarifies your query.

Cheers,

Vignesh

0 Kudos

Hi Beni,

As Vignesh mentioned, you can add your custom transaction type in the 'Application area' section of the categorization schema.

Please refer to the following wiki link, section 5.2 -

https://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/SAPITSM/Multilevel+Categorization#MultilevelCategorization

Note: Please ensure that you have authorization object CRM_CATEGO with proper value in the role assigned to your ID, to be able to add/remove transaction types.

Let me know if this helped.

Regards

Shubhra

0 Kudos

Dear Shubhra,

thanks for the very helpful link. I checked my system according to the document and it looks ok.

Perhaps the problem is related to Program AI_CRM_CREATE_CAT_SCHEMA. I opened an OSS indecent for this. I will update about the progress.

Regards,

Beni

0 Kudos

Hi Beni,

From the screenshot in your original post, looks like you changed the standard SAP delivered schema. Might be error is because of this.

Just a thought, have you completed the IMG activity 'Assign transaction type to catalog categories'? If not, then please add a new row with your ZMIN transaction type and ensure that in 'catalog category' column you select 'Defect Locations/Object Part' entry. This will list down your transaction type in the application area.

Regards

Shubhra

0 Kudos

Dear Shubhra,

I tried your solution, but unfortunately it did not work. Perhaps I am missing something, I will try it again.

To configure the IT Management I used the SAP Solution Manager: Configuration > IT Service Management setup. The problem seems to be related that I executed the activity 'Activate Categorization Scheme'  twice.

Thanks,

Beni

0 Kudos

Hi Beni,

I don't think running the activity twice is the issue. This error was because the standard template schema was already activated.

After you removed the SMIN from application area of this template schema, did you try running this step again in SOLMAN_SETUP? Please see if executing it again helps.

Alternatively, it can also be run via SPRO --> IMG: Solution Manager --> IT Service Management --> Multilevel Categorisation --> Configuration example

Also, apart from this, what is the error that you face currently when trying to add ZMIN in the application area?

Regards

Shubhra

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi,

the answer from SAP is to ignore the error and to continue the setup.

Thanks a lot for your help, I learned a lot about the issue.

Beni

0 Kudos

Hi Beni,

Good to hear that your doubts have been clarified by SAP.

Could you please mark the post as answered then?

Regards

Shubhra

former_member194601
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Beni,

Here is my blog which clarifies most of the queries related to Categorization Schema,

Let me know if you need more help from me...

Cheers,

Vignesh