cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Encryption in SOAP receiver communication channel

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried to do this scenario with SOAP Axis receiver but it's not working

Its a Proxy - PO - Webservices synchronous interface.

SAP PO receives a file from ECC, all PO has to do is encrypt the file and sent to webservices.

I have imported the certificate into trustedCAs. and it's green..

I selected Security Profile in Receiver soap com channel.

In the Outbound Processing tab in the ICO, I have selected the Keystore View as Trusted CAs, and then KeystoreEntry as alias name of the same certificate

When I ping the Com channel from the com channel monitoring, I am getting this error

Target Host Connectivity Test: Failed to open the connection to the URL: <URL>

When I run the scenario, i am getting the error

SOAP: Error occurred: com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: java.io.IOException: Communication over HTTPS. Unable to create a socket

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

mate_moricz
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Midhun,

Do you know if the Webservice you are trying to connect to expects TLSv1.2? In that case you need to have some basic updates in your system to enable your PI to act as a client and to enable the Axis adapter to use TLSv1.2 

Regards,
Mate

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mate

I have to encrypt the message using certificate installed on PI server. I have stored the certificate in TrustedCAs.

Should I have to download and deploy the SAP Cryptographic Toolkit? I am ONLY doing encryption not SSL. Just using a certificate in TrustedCAs to encrypt..

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Midhun,

If am not wrong you need to mention the key path in the channel and select WS security to encrypt.

SOAP Adapter - SAP Process Integration Security Guide - SAP Library