cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stock is not updated after posting physical inventory difference in WM

0 Kudos

Hello,

I have created inventory document during physical inventory. I posted WM difference in LI 20  & Inventory posting in LI21 however the stock is not updated in system.There is no TO generated for differences quantity (Storage type 999) when I check at table level (LINV).

Could you please help me  to find root cause of this issue. 

Thanks Regards.

Ganesh Vayal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

0 Kudos

Hi all,

We already raise OSS to SAP.

SAP did  not get solution because of not reproduce able scenario. so we are closing this issue.

0 Kudos

HI Ganesh,

It shows that after LI20 you have taken some more days to post LI21.  After LI20 bin is cleared to post. this may happen before posting LI21, user have used this stock or changed the location of stock through manual TO.

In this case you have raise this issue to SAP as inconsistency in stock.

confirm once issue is completed.

Regards

Vinayak

0 Kudos

Hey Ganesh,

May I know the Inventory status in LI03N?

Thx

Suresh

0 Kudos

Hi Suresh ,

The status is cleared in LI03N.

Thanks Regards

Ganesh

0 Kudos

Hey Ganesh,

Did a TO got generated  for the difference qty  with destination S. Ty 999 on that date? Please check in LT22

Was the bin stock the counted qty after you cleared the difference in LI20 ?

Thanks

Suresh

0 Kudos

No TO generated for difference quantity.

harshesh_patel3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ganesh,

Can you pls check your configurations for the warehouse for the following nodes:

1) Define Differences and Document Limits ( Under Physical Inventory) - Are there WM Movement Types Maintained? What are they?

Typically they should be 711/712.

2) Define Movement Types (under Activities) - For these WM Movement Types, Can you check if the

Source/Destination Storage Type is maintained?

Typically it should be 999.

Also, what is the Inventory Status value in LINV table for which you are saying the WM difference is cleared?

Thanks

HP

0 Kudos

Hey Ganesh,

Did you had the same situation when carried out using manual ( LI01N)?

It also seems to me that you are using RF device for inventory count. Can you check without RF device and see if you could get required result?

Thank you.

Suresh

0 Kudos

Hi Suresh.

The problem is that this scenario in not replicate.This error not come during LI01N

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you have multiple quants in a single bin check for inconsistency in LQUAB and LQUA there is a report or correcting that.

Are you running any background job for SU merge in the relevant storage type?

0 Kudos

When we try to find quant in tabke LQUA it showing error message " No value found"

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Looking at the LINV data you counted on June 30, When did you try to post the difference?

And what happened in the meantime? Can you check MB51 for movements with this Material and Batch number, also check LT24 for TOs with that material and batch

0 Kudos

I check it there is no TO created for physical inventory difference posting.Can you please tell us why not TO created after difference posting in LI20.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I did not talk about a TO for physical inventory difference, why should there be any at all? you don't move anything when you got a difference in inventory count.

The question why a TO was created after LI20 has to be addressed to the person who did it, we can't know this.

LI20 is in general the adjustment within WM, LI21 is doing the adjustment in MM.

So why would you want to restrict new TO creation after LI20?

0 Kudos

Sir,

It's our analysis that if there is any difference find during physical inventory count , it will create TO after adjustment in WM ( exp .from storage type 999  to  RWM ).

0 Kudos

Sir ,

Our query is after write off in LI20 , our stock is not updated in system.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok, thats right, LI20 creates a TO for the adjustment of a difference and automatically confirms it.

Posting failures (storing a document in the application sever) can happen, you need to analyze in SM13.

What is the status of those documents in table LINK and for the  items in LINV

0 Kudos

sir,

I checked both table and status showing cleared (L)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Was there any difference?

0 Kudos

yes.

There is difference between count quantity and system quantity.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I guess you have to contact SAP Support, as I am not able to look into your system.

0 Kudos

I would like to know what are prerequisite for TO creation during LI20.

0 Kudos

Hi ,

Same problem face this time also.

I have checked in SM 13 the following error is shown.

L4518: Error while during quant reading. T-code li02

Can you please tell me why this thing happen.

0 Kudos

Hi Genesh,

As I can see you have raised a new question about error L4518, please refer to my answer in that case.

Please check LINV table for the listed quants. And double check  if all the quants have entry in table LQUA. There should be inconsistency contains in LINV  and LQUA table.

Best regards,

Edward

0 Kudos

Hi ,

We have check this thing.The quant is not updated in LQUA Can you please tell me root cause & solution.

0 Kudos

Hi,

This would be considered as an inconsistency, you may create a OSS incident to SAP for the solution. It seems the manual correction is necessary.

For the cause, as I'm not sure how the quant was deleted from LQUA, it's hard to say the cause of that.  If it can be reproduced, you may also indicate it in the OSS incident.

Best regards,

Edward

0 Kudos

Screen shot of LQUA

0 Kudos
JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

was there any express message about posting failure? double check in SM13

If that is not the case then you may want to give us a chance to analyze by posting more detailed information from your inventory document, e.g. a screenshot from your LINV record.

And as your stock did not update you can also add a screenshot from your quant which should have been updated.

0 Kudos

Hi sir,

This time same thing happen. We had checked  in SM13 & following error was showing.

L4518: Error while reading quant.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Had you ever contacted SAP as recommended 2 weeks ago?