cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restrict creation of Change document by project ID ?

Louis-Nicolas
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Charm Expert,

I have implemented Charm 7.1 nearly in a standard way but our change process is a bit different than the ITIL one.

Currently we let our consultant to create Normal Change ZMMJ without using Change Request ZMCR and assigned them to our different open project.

We have usually 3 open project

- P1 Project 1

- P2 Project 2

- M0 for daily or weekly Maintenance

Now I would like to change our change process such

- Allow to create ZMMJ on M0 project  and block any creation of ZMMJ in any other project.

- This will force to use our "Change request ZMCR" (with the approval procedure) on implementation project.

Says differently, how could we managed the creation or assignement of Change Document (ZMMJ) & Change Request (ZMCR) to Charm Project ID ?

I have checked authorization object S_PROJ_GEN but it's seem to large to control this, as it does not differentiate the source object (ZMCR or ZMMJ)

Note: Of course, I would like to avoid any ABAP solution!

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member229755
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Louis,

In addition to Karthik's inputs, please try the following:

1. I would assume you would want Consultants to continue creating ZMMJ documents but assign only to M0 project. Modify the Role as under:

Auth Object: S_PROJ_GEN

Project Name:  M0*.

PROJ_FUNC: CTPR.

2. You can different the Project Assignment in SM_FIELD Authorization Object.

Auth Object: SM_FIELD

Business Transaction Type: ZMMJ

Field name: ADDPROJECT, IBASE_COMPONENT, CREATE_REQ, CREATE_TASK

Business Transaction Type: ZMCR

Field Name: IBASE_COMPONENT, CREATE_REQ, CREATE_TASK

Remove ZMCR from the Business Transaction Type if the Node has Add Project in it.

After Modification

Now users with this Role can only assign projects M0 to ZMMJ, can create ZMCR but cannot assign Project.

The Project field will be greyed out and document will be in error.

User (Admin/Lead) can assign the Project and then Recheck the document.

Regards,

Prasath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This will achieve by the authorization object S_Project in  the ChaRM role. will able to find this Auth object in the *MMJ SOCM roles.

In S_project -> PROJECT_ID (define field)  -> Mention M0*

Assign this role to all ChaRM user. Now the user able to search and assign only M0* projects.

Rg,

Karthik