Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activity - Release

former_member334499
Participant
0 Kudos

Team,

Can we configure in such a way that an Activity can be released i.e when its saved. Or is there any other way for Auto release of Activity under a network.

Regards

Mandan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Shubham1
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Can you please close this thread if the issue is resolved

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mandan,

Can you brief about your business requirement, why you want the activities to be released automatically ?

The purpose of the release will play a vital role for planning KPI, once the activity is released, its actually under execution.

If the network is released, activities created after that will have REL status

Regards

Terence

former_member334499
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Terence,

Thanks for the prompt reply.

My scenario is like this. Once an Activity is created PR's (material component)  can be  created under it.Once a PR is created . It is also required that  Activity also needs to be Released. The release of activity can be done immediately after saving of Activity or taking activity and releasing  it l. i hope even after creation of mat component under Activity it will allow to  release it.

In my case users are missing the operation to release the activity.

But the PR numbers are generated as res/Pur.req  parameter value is  “Immediately “

Now we have changed to "On release"  to force users to Do the RELEASE Of activity .

But i thought it would be better the Activity be released initially after creation itself .Hence my question.

the PR's created using this are later  processed using MM t codes.

Regards

Mandan

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mandan,

In OPSC, set Release Immediately check box for Network type.

This will set the release status on save of the Network / Activities.

Regards

Terence

former_member334499
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Terrance ,

I will check with consultant. He says he had done some setting  to make auto release  but it was not working as the  "Commitment quantity calculation happens after saving of activity " and this setting is not working. Am not referring to suggestion you told but i think he may have used that config only.

And am also told this well before...when i present with suggestions from here.

"There may be so many things in the Internet which we cannot take just like that. SAP has many ways of doing things"

"This solution is proposed by somebody else in SCN, we can not do based on that as it is not proposed by SAP also"

But am using this forum to get second opinion as am not satisfied with one man opinion .

Regards

Mandan

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mandan,

Your consultant is 100% rite.

The answers you get here is based on the available solutions in SAP, but this differs client to client when SAP is implemented with their respective business requirements.

In your case, yes we can have Auto release, but this has other consequences, some i have listed below.

1. If the WBS element is in release status and when you try to create a network, release will be rejected.

2. If the commitment control is in place and the activity which you assign increases the commitment than the budget, then you cannot even save or release.

3. When you use relationship, then release will be rejected.

and the list goes on.

As far as i am concerned, your consultant only can give more appropriate answer than people who dont understand or see your system configuration.

Regards

Terence