Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Budget checking at Business Area

former_member225123
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

Would like to clarify requirement given by client. This is related to investment management.

ABC - Active budget checking.
BA  - Business Area

Attached screenshots is for easy understanding of requirement. Request to please advise how it can be achieved and how budget check happens in IM.

Regards

Gaurav Ahuja

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Shubham1
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos
former_member225123
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Shubham,

As i mentioned, Project budget control not required in this requirement, Budget check at IM level is required.

Regards

Gaurav Ahuja

Shubham1
Employee
Employee
former_member225123
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Shubham,

IM is working fine here, this is a new requirement to check budget of IM position at consumption time, Currently budget check happened at WBS level and system doesn't allow budget consumption more than available budget of WBS. There is no availability control in IM so Budget check in IM is not possible in standard.

Regards

Gaurav Ahuja

former_member225123
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Requirement revised a little bit.

Investment structure second last node in screenshots is Business Area (6119), The projects assignment at last node project category (6119_S etc.), Now requirement is, Project should be able to consume as much budget as Business Area node have if other project haven't consume any budget or all projects consume irrationally, but sum should not exceed business area budget.

The requirement is to widened the budget bucket and no budget control at project budget level. The project budget will be distributed as static budget and should not restrict project to consume more budget till budget is there in Business area bucket.

I believe if i deactivate availability control of project, it doesn't check IM position budget as well, isn't it ? So, how to validate project consumption with IM position budget as individual project availability control is not required anymore. Budget figure of Business area should be considered.

Would appreciate if you can share possible solutions (Standard or customized).

Regards

Gaurav Ahuja

sammar81
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

Is your BA the last node ( Position ID) in IM which is being assigned to the WBS? If yes you can control the distribution of the budget from the lowest level IM Position to the various projects.. and then activate the budget control to check for the available budgets..

Regards

Sammar

former_member225123
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi samar,

Business Area is not the last node in there current process, But yes they are agree to use it as last node, Now, pl tell me if i consider last node as BA.

if IM position (BA) bduget - 10000 MYR

PD 1 - 5000 MYR ( PD - project )

PD 2 - 5000 MYR

Requirement is PD 1 or PD2 can consume more budget than allocated to them from IM52, one can consume 8000 MYR n second one - 2000 MYR or one can consume total of 10000 MYR. Budget availability control in PS seems not useful here. How it can be achieved ??

Regards

Gaurav Ahuja

sammar81
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

cannot be done in standard.. If you allocate 5000 MYR to P1 it can use only 5000MYR not the budget which is available at the IM Level..

IM level check happens while distribution of Budget among various projects..

You need to have development..

Regards

Sammar

former_member225123
Participant
0 Kudos

Exactly, IM check only check sum of distributed budget should not exceed IM position budget.

Would appreciate if you can suggest how through development it can be achieved.

sammar81
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

So the idea here is that IM position budget should be checked for project instead of the distributed budget at the project level..

Is the check only required against PO or other FI transactions also for a WBS?? If it is only PO then you need to write a program to check for the POs, where account assignment is for WBS/NWA check the IM linked to the project from table IMZO by passing the objnr of the wbs from prps..

check the corresponding budget values in the table if it is more than allow save..

Regards

Sammar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gaurav,

Request you to kindly go through the Investment managment documents in the wiki and then understand the concept of IM Budget allocation and control.

former_member225123
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vittal,

I will do that, In the meanwhile, could you please suggest if requirement is feasible or not ? What i understand from given details by client is Budget check required at Business Area level, I believe budget check in SAP work on WBS element through activation of availability control on budget distribution/release. Here in IM, Business Area can be used as a Bucket for budget distribution & project can be linked to IM position Business Area so that Business Area can be used as bucket for budget. And allocated project can not have budget more than allocated budget in Business Area

Please suggest if any other concept of budget check in IM?

Regards

Gaurav Ahuja

sanjeevc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I guess IM required a wbs only for position ID not business area BA to be use while creating project in sap its depend like what concept want if they want accounting at BA level then we use BA BA chapter obsoleted now....

Regards,

Sanjeev

former_member225123
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjeev,

One of there IM position being treated as business area, Budget need to be distributed at that IM position level. I have given more detail of requirement in below reply. pls see and give your comments.

Regards

Gaurav Ahuja