cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorization for field in WEBUI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I need to restrict access to field 'Tester' in Urgent Change for some users. How can i do this without ABAP?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

dillipkumar_r
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anton,

Option 1:

Copy a Business role to Z* and then go to the UI component (AIC_CMCD_H for urgent change), create a new configuration with the tester field as read only and map this with the business role.

Now you can assign this Business role to those users to whom you want to restrict the field access.

You can even dynamically select the view, but have to redefine DO_CONFIG_DETERMINATION implementation class.

You can also define a custom table with the configuration key and redine the DO_CONFIG_DETERMINATION by wiriting logic to select the view based on the user.This way you avoid creating may config keys, and maintaining the ABAP code.Good for maintainence.

Option 2: (May be, May be not)

May be you can look at CRM_FLDCHK auth. object, but you need to do customization in the below spro path for Authorization Check at Field Level.

SPRO ->Customer Relationship Management -> Basic Functions -> Authorizations

But again in standard this only supports objects in components.

ORDERADM_I

PARTNER

DOC_FLOW

You have an option of using Badi CRM_FIELD_AUTH_BADI to add more fields that standard.

Below link might help you

Authorization Check at Field Level - Authorization Check in Business Transactions - SAP Library

All the best

Regards,

Dillip

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi Anton,

Could you please check authorization object PLOG? Probably this may help, can use function code as DISP only so the field probably wouldn't be editable.

Regards

Shubhra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anton.

Have you considered to create a special business role for testers? This kind of customization can be easily achieved in settings.

There also might be some authorization objects to support this kind of action. Here is a list of all possible authorization objects.

Authorization Objects Overview - SAP Solution Manager - Security and Authorizations - SCN Wiki

And also is it possible to change tester in your process? because if only one is possible you can customize partner determination function for your transaction type. After you assign tester, this field will be read only.

Let me know if it helps.

Bye

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanx for answer, yes i have special role for tester and if you can specify me this authorization object to restrict editing field 'tester' i would be very appreciate.

also this field need to be editable for other bussiness role.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anton.

I meant, that you can create a copy of you business role  - e.g you are already using SOLMANPRO (maybe ZSOLMNAPRO as a copy) and now you can create new copy - e.g. ZSOLMANTESTER as a copy of SOLMANPRO. it is different than authorization roles and  definitely a quicker one and more flexible solution in the future.

I am not sure if this problem can be achieved by authorization object. I know that lot of functionalities need object UIU_COMP to be able to run. Have you try to trace it?