cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BRF+ derivations to be exceuted only once

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sdners,

I have a requirement where I need to default certain attributes in Material Master during create using BRF+.

But now once the attribute is defaulted user can change the value for those attributes.But since my BRF+ executes during check/save/submit,it again overwrites user value with default value.

E.g Based on CR type I am defaulting Base unit of measure to "EA" using a rule in BRF+.Now user changes the value from EA to KG.but when user click on check or save or submit again KG is overwritten to EA by BRF+ rule.

How to specify condition that BRF+ should only default once .

Regards,

Neethu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

nabhish_saxena
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Neethu,

two possible ways based on your scenarion:

1- In case you want to take a decision to default value for Base unit of measure only if it is blank, you can have the logic to check if Base Unit of measure IS INITIAL then only run the logic else let the user entered value prevail.

2- You can have a static variable in your abap logic calling BRF+ where you can set a flag once the BRF+ has been called in a particular transaction. If this static flag is set means your BRF+ logic has already been exceuted once and should not run again until the completion of current transaction.

Regards,
Nabhish Saxena