SAP for Healthcare Discussions
Foster discussions about patient care, cost reduction, and operational excellence in healthcare organizations using SAP. Join the conversation.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with diagnosis

former_member346023
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone:

I have some doubts about this functionality.... for now, in our hospital we are using CIE-10 as entry for diagnosis, but we have not loaded this catalogue completely yet; we are using only the father (do you understand?)  i.e. we have Hypertensive heart disease but we do not have

I11.0Hypertensive heart disease with (congestive) heart failure

I11.9Hypertensive heart disease without (congestive) heart failure

The system displays Hypertensive heart disease to the users when they want to register a coded diseases, nor Hypertensive heart disease with (congestive) heart failure neither Hypertensive heart disease without (congestive) heart
failure.  Because of this the physicians is not using the system and we have this field "no mandatory".... we are experiencing a lot of problems with this function....

I need help configuring better this part of the systems so the physician can easier find and register patient diagnosis and more detailed. I have done some research looking for alternatives and I have found 3: reference catalogues, List Ranking for the unit organizational and words keys. The last 2 sounds better for me.

Has anyone configured in the system any of the last 2 options or knows
how to?, I would really appreciate your help.

Kind Regards,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member198308
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Evelyn

To configure help inputs for coding diagnosis you have to go to the following path in SPRO.

SAP Healthcare - Industry-Specific Components for Hospitals -> Medical/Nursing Documentation -> Define Input Help for Entering Diagnoses.

You can define a HIT List of diagnosis for the whole institution. This flag must be marked in the cathalog itself.

You can define a HIT List by UO,

You can define a Hierarchy for the cathalog

and you can define a list of Diagnosis by Keyword. For example, you relate HAND with all the diagnosis related to the Hand.

Additoinally, you could have your own program to code determination.

I hope it helps

With best regards

Matías Montes de Oca

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

former_member198308
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Evelyn

To configure help inputs for coding diagnosis you have to go to the following path in SPRO.

SAP Healthcare - Industry-Specific Components for Hospitals -> Medical/Nursing Documentation -> Define Input Help for Entering Diagnoses.

You can define a HIT List of diagnosis for the whole institution. This flag must be marked in the cathalog itself.

You can define a HIT List by UO,

You can define a Hierarchy for the cathalog

and you can define a list of Diagnosis by Keyword. For example, you relate HAND with all the diagnosis related to the Hand.

Additoinally, you could have your own program to code determination.

I hope it helps

With best regards

Matías Montes de Oca

0 Kudos

Hello Matias:

Thank you so much for your response it was helpful

Regards,