Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hiding a text field On Initial Load

former_member334499
Participant
0 Kudos

Mates,

I have a doubt . We have a text field  "Batch Number "  on CJ20N screen.

We have a requirement this needs to be made read only. My consultant sasy this cannot be done on Initial It can be made read only after once record is saved.

Looking forward to expert comments.

Reg

Mandan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Since version 6.03 there is the possibility to define field selection also for material components in PS.

If you are in this version or above please go to IMG under Project System > Material > Procurement > Define Field Selection for Components. Set field RESBD-CHARG to display only on both "Detailed View for Materials" and "Material Overview" options.

Please remember that in addition to what the colleagues have already stated above the field "Batch Management" in purchasing view of the material master also plays an important role in the batch field of the material component in PS. If the material is not managed in batches the batch field is not editable in PS.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Interesting

can you post a screenshot of the field selection for components?

Cheers

Vittal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vital,

Here it goes...

Detail View for Materials

Material Overview

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Wow
Time to upgrade!

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Marcos,

This is the business function behind it.

Project System - Business Functions (SAP Enhancement Package 5 for SAP ERP 6.0) - SAP Library

Just check whether this is activated in your system

Regards

Terence

former_member334499
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vittal,

The field i am referring to comes under General Tab, In the screen for creating Material Components

regards

Mandan

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mandan,

This Batch field is populated based on the Item Category of the Material. If it is L (Stock), this field is editable, if it is N (Non-Stock), this field is non editable.

Regards

Terence

former_member334499
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Terence,

We don't want user to enter value into this field. Hence this to be made read only.

Regards

Mandan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mandan,

You Need to check with your MM Consultant. It is a small Task for them

All that PS is doing here is fetching the master data from Material master records.

I can suggest you to look into OMSR field selection Transaction code in SAP

I currently have no Access to System hence i wont be able to check the exact field Name and guide you in this transaction

Cheers

Vittal

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mandan,

I dont think there is any configuration setup, as informed by Vittal, discuss with your MM team.

If no other possibilities, then you will be able to do via User Exit, for this your PS consultant and ABAP consultant needs to work on it.

Regards

Terence

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mandan,

In which element is the text field displayed? (I assume it is the material)

Since you are mentioning CJ20n and it is a platform for working on Projects

Kindly be specific

Cheers

Vittal