cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to avoid auto-logout for SSCE Dashboard Application?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good evening together!

I'm wondering how I can avoid the auto-logout for a SSCE dashboard application, at least I think it has something to do with an auto-logout process.

I wrote a SSCE-application that contains 4 self updating i5Grids.

The app runs 24/7 on a PC (nothing else, only this app) and is started by using the internet explorer (11). Passing the user and password is done as following (I found this procedure somewhere in a MII SSCE related forum):

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" -k "https://ourServerName.ourDomain.com:ourPort/XMII/CM/AppFolder/AppSubFolder/AppName.html?showParamDia...IllumLoginName=ourUser&IllumLoginPassword=ourPassword"

My first question is: Is this the right way for passing user and password or is there a better one? (user has only permission to read...)

Furthermore I dont understand how I can avoid the situation, that the i5Grids suddenly stop the self update process. Not only one i5Grid, all of them just stop to update them selfs. Reloading the website by using the refresh button (F5) leads to facing the SAP MII login screen... A complete restart shows up the app as it should be, without asking for any username / password...

My scond question is: Is there an auto logout process - and if - how can I shut it off for that single app?

Thanks in advance for any help,

Mirko

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pls check if changing this parameter helps.

Regards,

Sriram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sriram,

thanks for your answer. I dont think that this is the right way for solving the described problem. The app runs longer than 60 minutes

Any other ideas?

Regards,

Mirko

former_member185280
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Mirko,

You are going to want to look into session/security settings at the Netweaver level. There are some settings that will terminate the current session and force a logout no matter what after a certain amount of time. You may also want to look into implementing some kind of ping logic and reloading the page with your credentials when you detect the forced logout in the response from the server.

Regards,
Christian