cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM-MDM catalog V1.0: use of MDM sub-table catalogs?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

When I make my catalog available for the external Web service in SRM, I have to define for the parameter ‘catalog’ the name of my catalog repository in SAP MDM.

=> So I suppose there is just one catalog for each repository and the sub table ‘catalogs’ has just information functionality inside the MDM.

Or can I have different catalogs in one repository (e.g. 2 catalogs: one is valid until June 2007 and the other is valid from July 2007 on) and using the validity period can I publish always the actual catalog?

What is the relationship between my sub table ‘catalogs’ in the MDM and the presentation of my SRM-MDM catalog for the user?

Can I display the ‘validity period’ in the catalog view for the user?

Data Model situation:

{

The standard data model (business content) for the SRM-MDM Catalog containts in the main table ‘catalog items’ the record :

Supplier catalog name (lookup flat)

And his sub-table ‘Catalogs’ has the records:

catalog name

catalog id

version ID

supplier (lookup flat)

validity Period – start date (literal date)

validity Period – end date (literal date)

}

I’m grateful for every help.

Best wishes

Su

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

the catalog parameter in the webservice refers to the repository, while the catalogs sub table refers to the product catalogs (ie: list of items from suppliers).

validity period may be used in a constraint to define named searches and trigger the visibility of items depending on the date. (with SRM-MDM Catalog v1.0 SP1 or with upcoming v2.0)

Regards

David

Answers (0)