cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to extend and test the Fiori Standard app using Eclipse mars

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am very new to SAP Fiori and bit stuck with present requirement , the basic requirement is to add the button at the toolbar of standard My_contact app of fiori.I downloaded the app using SE38 report (/UI5/UI5_REPOSITORY_LOAD) and imported to Eclipse (mars version) by creating  new sapui5 application project. as the required extension point is not available so for POC ( Proof of concept ) i added the  code of button on the available extension point extContactPicture (which is for contact picture). uploaded the app back into Gateway system to check the result. configured the app following configuration steps like  ( lpd_cust , semantic object , launchpad designer ). i am getting the tile of my custom app over the launchpad , but its showing error " cant be loaded , try again later".

My Questions are:

Once importing the standard app code  to eclipse can we test the app over browser, i mean i configured the tomcat server and  provide our server hostname and port in Web.xml file of code . when i run the app thro eclipse->choosing server , It comes up with Blue screen which is basic theme.

so It is possible to test the app thro eclipse.

As many doc suggest , if the extension point is not available then we have to go for view replacement, can any one explain me what that actually means?

( i mean we need the standard functionality in the replaced view as well so we going to copy all code of standard and added our custom code too in other way it would be again standard view with extension code )

I downloaded the standard app into eclipse and uploaded back into gateway system without changing anything except the name ,which is also not working. can any one tell what are dependency or ids or code we have to maintain so that app would once uploaded from external system to gateway system.

I am from ABAP background  , would really appreciate your guidance and support .

Thanks and Regards

Ravneet

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

karanbahl
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ravneet,

I would recommend using Web IDE; which will save you a lot of time and effort. There is a series of blogs explaining the extension you can refer to; here is the link:

Regards,

Karan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karan ,

Thanks for quick reply , however my company is in talk to have HCP and Web ID .I am afraid for present project ,I have to work on Eclipse only.

Thanks

karanbahl
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ravneet,

You can use the trial account on HCP which is free of cost and make the changes there and deploy to your ABAP Repository from there. Additionally, you would need to set up HANA Cloud Connector to enable communication with your backend server.

Regards,

Karan