cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Group Templates

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jam Experts,

i´m trying to create my custom Group Templates, because i Need a template in german.

so i copied a pre built template and i´ve activated the new template.

now when i want to create a Group i can´t see the new template?! can someone help me in this issue? or did someone had the same Problem?

best regards

Khalil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Hi Khalil,

What group template are you trying to copy?

Also, what edition of SAP Jam are you using?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi James,

Thank you for you reply,

Im Trying to copy the "Global Assignment Community Template" to create a Templates with the same Overpages but in german. so i have now the german template and i  can preview it (it is also avtivated).

but when i want to create a goup with this template it is not possible because i can´t see it in the Drop Down List.

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Khalil,

From the SAP Jam Collaboration Administration Guide (available at http://help.sap.com/sapjam), Group Template Administration section (page 217), regarding the Language option on the Create Template dialog box: 

• Language: [Optional] Defaults to "All Languages". The language the template is written in. By

specifying a language, end users will see the template at group-creation time only if it matches their individual preferred language/locale. By not specifying a language, the template is always visible at group-creation time.

I just tested this out and by changing the end-user language to German, the template appears when trying to create a group.

Hope this helps.

former_member47640
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The two other options why a template might now be visible are either if it's assigned to an administrative area and the user isn't part of that. Or if you assigned it to an external object such as an LMS course (doesn't make sense in your case of course) and you are creating a group from scratch without an object.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi James, Hi Christian,

Thy for your reply. Yes James, by changing the language, it was possible the see the new Template.

best Regards

Khalil

Answers (0)