SAP for Mill Products Discussions
Explore conversations about production optimization, resource utilization, and quality control using SAP in the mill products industry. Join in or start your own!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to install SAP Mining and Metals Industry in S4 HANA 1511 on-premise edition

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Team,

One of our clients requirement is to install SAP Mining and Metals Industry in S4 HANA 1511 on-premise edition. When I checked in SFW5 t-code I see only SAP Mining available. Please suggest that How to activate SAP Mining and Metals Industry S4 HANA 1511 server.

Regards,

Mahendra Paruchuri

7 REPLIES 7

Haags
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Mahendra,

in SAP ERP we have 2 Industrie Solutions: a) Mill Products (Metals) b) Mining.

In SAP S/4HANA the functionality of Mill Products does not require any activation by SFW5. Instead it is always "on". These features are now useable for all SAP customers.

The industry specific functionality of Industry Solution Mining are not included in SAP S/4HANA 1511. They are planned for SAP S/4HANA 1610 release.

Greetings, Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Stefan,

Thanks for your reply.

Is there any link from SAP to provide the documentation to our client regarding this?

Regards,

Mahendra Paruchuri

Haags
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Navigate to SAP Online Help: http://help.sap.com/s4hana_op_1511/

Scroll down to: Conversion Guide 

Open PDF, Goto Page 12, Section DIMP

You find in the table the statement:

General - DIMP added to the core - Migration of software component ECC-DIMP to S/4 HANA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Stefan,

Thanks for your reply. I am pure BASIS person. I did not understand the link which you provided in your previous reply.

As per your replies I understand below two points.

1. SAP Metals is available in Mill products by default and We do not need to activate it since It is always on in S/4 HANA 1511.

2. SAP Mining will not be available till SAP S/4 HANA 1610 release.

What I am looking is any link or note that shows exactly SAP Mining will not available until SAP S/4 HANA 1610 release.

Please suggest. Kindly let me know if any queries.

FYI.. I am going to install SAP S/4HANA ON-PREMISE 1511 SR1 version.

0 Kudos

Hello Mahendra,

topic 1: correct

topic 2: correct. If you use today in SAP ERP the IS-MINE functionality, it is not available in S/4HANA 1511. It is at our Roadmap, planned for SAP S/4HANA 1610 release.

Of course a Mining company can use SAP S/4HANA 1511. The industry solution (IS) specific functionality will come in next release. Conclusion for your 1511 SR1 installation: in Transaction SFW5 you will not find any "Mining" entry.

greetings, stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Stefan,

Today I have installed 1511 SR1. When I checked in SFW5 I found SAP Mining entry. (screenshot 1)

When I select that I got below screen.

Now I am confused. Please suggest.

Haags
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Mahendra,

We need to look to your issue from 2 sides:

a) Solution view: IS-MINE functionality, it is not available in S/4HANA 1511. It is at our Roadmap, planned for SAP S/4HANA 1610 release

b) Technical view: You are not able to activate any "Business function" (BF) of MINING, either you see the entry  "SAP Mining" in the field "Business function set" (BFS)

Backgrounds:

S/4HANA 1511: In transaction SFW5 we kept the "SAP MINING" entry in BFS, but all BF have status = "Always-Off" (Not useable. You can not activate)

In S/4HANA 1610 we plan to change.   

Current situation for IS-MINE:

SAP note: 2240359 - SAP S/4HANA, on-premise edition 1511: Always-Off Business Functions

In appendix of this note you find the "always off" BF technical names, showing also the MINING related one's.

The opposite situation for Mill Products:

SAP note: 2240360 - SAP S/4HANA, on-premise edition 1511: Always-On Business Functions

Technical name DIMP_SDUD  is defined as always on. (no activation needed. Equal to CORE) 

Further reading:

System Conversion to SAP S/4HANA:

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-68976

Greetings, Stefan