cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unknown Host Exception in SOAP Axis adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

While trying to connect the the third party system using Receiver Soap Axis adapter we are getting below error in our PI quality system where as same interface is running fine in the other environments(i.e. dev,Pre-prd).

Delivery of the message to the application using connection SOAP_http://sap.com/xi/XI/System failed, due to: com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: java.net.UnknownHostException: xxxx|xxx.xxx.net(PI SYSTEM DNS NAME|PI SYSTEM HOST NAME).

If any one have idea about this issue kindly help me.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor

Can you share the screen shot of your Audit Logs? Would like to check which step throws this Unknown host exception.

Also you also share your SOAP Axis Configuration including the Module chains used?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

Please find the below Audit logs and module configuration screen shots.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
  • Do confirm if the telnet to was done to the port 443 from the same OS as that of PI server. If multiple application servers exist then make sure you also do a telnet test from each host?
  • I also see you are using a Client Authentication to connect to this system, can you check with the target system if they receive the call and this gets rejected because of Invalid Client Authentication?
  • You can use XPI Inspector and test if the SSL Connection to see if this is a Axis configuration issue or a network issue.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhavesh,

Thanks for the response.

1. yes, telnet was done from same OS of PI server and it is working fine and connected.

2.i have taken the logs using XPI inspector, however it looks there no issue with the client authentication.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What I meant by a XPI_Inspector test was to use Examples 11 to test your SSL Connection along with Client Authentication.

If this is successful, then this could mean that the response that is being returned by the Webservice or the processing on the Webservice is causing the issue. This can help eliminate if this is a SSL / Network issue or the issue lies else where.

Also with the XPI Inspector  for your channel what does the error say? Does the SSL conneciton get established or does it fail before or after the same?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please refer the below screen shots taken from XPI tool and here my doubt is why it is showing PI system host name with unknown host exception.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you run the example 11 and see if the Client Authentication goes through? I am not much of a expert in deciphering these SSL logs but to me it looks like the connection was closed after that the Client Cert was sent as the target system did not authenticate you! The Example 11  on XPI_INSPECTOR might shed more light!

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Additional proxy parameters in JVM caused this error and the same basis team has disabled it is working fine.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi AK,

Aside from 's suggestion, try using the IP address of the system. Sometimes PI has trouble resolving the hostnames into IP address hence the unknown host exception.

Regards,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark Dihiansa,

Thanks for your response,

Tried with the IP address but no luck.

Thanks & Regards,

AK

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check the DNS and proxy as per the links.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghu,

Thanks for the response and apologies for delay in response.

I have checked with network and basis teams also done the telnet test and it is connecting to the third party server.

where as while doing the test from PI system it is throwing unknown host exception and showing PI system DNS name and Host ( i.e. some thing strange).

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi AK,

Can you give us a screenshot of your channel config?

Regards,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

Please find the below screen shot of Channel configuration.

Same interface is working fine in other environments.

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello AK,

Then check if any setting is blocking at the Receiver Web Service side.

former_member190293
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi AK!

Try to ping target host from within your PI server. May be it stays behind proxy/firewall that pervents it from accessing target host.

Regards, Evgeniy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Evgeniy Kolmakov,

Thanks for your response,

We have done the telnet test from PI sever and it is connected to the third party system IP.

Therefore,it looks like there is no firewall issue.