cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BSG and product identification

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I posted this question before but I couldn't get the answer. So, I am posting this again.

If the same product is coming into APO from two different ECC systems, then the BSG is used to differentiate them. But the problem is that the system recognizes them as two different products and plan them separately. This is a problem. How do I work this out?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raj,

before jumping to the solution, could you describe in detail about your logical system data setting.

Scenario: Two logical R3 systems (say ECC1 & ECC2)

Product say Hammer defined as material number M1 in ECC1 and M1 in ECC2

So if the identical product is defined as same material number in both the logical systems then in that case both the logical R/3 systems may be defined in the same business systems group (same as APO BSG)

Scenario 2: If same Hammer is defiend as M1 in ECC1 and M2 in ECC2 R/3 systems then in that case you may resort to use APO inbound exit APO (which harish has mentioned) to map the material number with the APo material number (or one of the R/3 material number). You can check table /SAPAPO/MATMAP, which is used for mapping of product in APO for different logical systems.

Note: Generally business system group indicates area of same naming convention and hence different BSG is defined and assigned only when it is needed. You need to check with your business content (considering all the product basket, this is just an example for understanding)

hope this helps,

Abhay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pl check if you can manipulate the customer exit APOCF005 EXIT_/SAPAPO/SAPLCIF_PROD_001 for getting the same product.

This is the exit used when differentiating the products in inbound processing

So it might help if you ensure it does not do what it is meant to do... differentiate the products

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi harish,

Thanks for the reply. The user exit may be used but in a practical case, I am sure this is a general situation at work. How do you deal with this?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Raj,

In a Business System Group you cannot create two products with same identifier. Hence, you will have to use the user exit to differentiate them. Those will ultimately be treated as two different products. Or, you will have to create only one product.

Hope this is helpful.

Regards,

Naveen.