cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting customer hierarchy

0 Kudos

Hi ,

Can anyone tell how we can remove customer from a hierarchy completely.One customer has been wrongly assigned to a higher level customer.Now i want to delete it and assign to other high level customer.If i remove it, it only changes the validity dates to past but it will still show up in table KNVH.I want KNVH to display only the correct combination.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shweta,

please try transaction VDH11 with the hierarchy, where the customer is in.

click on the customer icon of the one which you want to remove (in order to get it selected).

Afterwards go into the menue bar Customer>remove, confirm the pop-up message and it is out.

I hope this will help you.

BR Michaela

0 Kudos

It will just change the validity dates to a past date.It will still show in KNVH

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shweta,

Yes you are correct, it only updates the validity date in KNVH table. If you want to remove customers then do it at KNVH table. Its an open table where you can delete customer hirerachies.

0 Kudos

Thanks ..i found the solution to this.If we want to completely delete the record so that it does not appear in KNVH ,the valid from date be today's date or future date.I did that and it got deleted completely.Deleting customer hierarchy behaves as below

You can delete assignments in a hierarchy. When you make a deletion, the system reacts differently, depending on the validity period of the assignment. For example, other assignments may automatically be changed as a result of the deletion. The following scenarios describe possible system reactions:

• The valid-from date lies in the past.

The system updates the assignment and sets the valid-to date to yesterday's date.

• The valid-from date is today's date or lies in the future.

The system physically deletes the assignment.

• Other assignments exist for the nodes in question with adjoining validity periods.

The system checks whether validity periods of the remaining assignments can be extended

Answers (0)