cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to create Universe with oracle stored procedure

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to create a Stored Procedure universe in SAP BO 4.2 but it’s showing below error,

Below are the steps that I have followed to create a Stored Procedure universe.

Using Quick Wizard ->Click here to choose Store Procedure universe->Entered Universe Name, New Database Connection->I was able to see available SP's.

I selected one SP-> Add->In Stored Procedure Editor it was asking for Enter parameter value.

I enabled parameter Stored_Proc_Universe as Yes.

But it was throwing below error:

Exception:DBD,ORA-06550:line 1,column 8:

PLS-00306:wrong number or types of arguments in call to 'SP_BO_TEST'

ORA-06550:line 1, column 8:

PL/SQL: Statement ignored

State: N/A

Please can someone help me to resolve this issue.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Are you able to run the Stored Procedure directly in Oracle?

There are some restrictions on which types of stored procedure are supported in BO.

You can refer the following article for the same: Stored Procedure Universe Best Practice Guide - Business Intelligence (BusinessObjects) - SCN Wiki

Hope it helps!

Regards,

Adil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Adil,

Thanks for your reply.

I only created the Stored Procedure and I am able to run it directly in Oracle.

It has been created with one IN parameter and one OUT parameter as Ref Cursor and also I have created one more Stored Procedure only with Ref Cursor (OUT - Parameter) but when I try to access any of the existing Procedures along with these two procedures it's throwing an below error.

Exception: DBD, ORA-06550: line 1, column 8:

PLS-00306: wrong number or types of arguments in call to 'BO_TEST' - (Stor Proc name).

ORA-06550: line 1, column 8:

PL/SQL: Statement ignored

State: N/A

Please can you help me with this error.

Many thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

The stored procedures do not support OUT or dynamic result sets parameters in UDT.

You can refer the following link for best practices: Stored Procedure Universe Best Practice Guide - Business Intelligence (BusinessObjects) - SCN Wiki

Regards,

Adil Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Adil,

Thanks for your response.

We are able to call all type of stored procedures in Deski (3.1) but in 4.2 there is a note that we can call stored procedures directly through webi but we are unable to call stored procedures in Webi as well as through UDT.

It's latest version (4.2) and there should be some extra options and flexibilities when we compare to older version (3.2) but it's not even working as older version in terms of calling stored procedures.

Any idea.

Thanks and regards,

Ravi