cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batch Derivation for batch to batch transfer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi QM Gurus,

I want to do the batch derivation at the time of batch to batch transfer.

But in standard SAP, there is no derivation event to start batch derivation at Batch to batch transfer.( There are events at UD, Release / GR of orders etc.)

Can you please let me know how to create new Custom event for batch derivation.

Also please let me know where and how we can create the logic which can be stored in the field " Exit1 and Exit2" in the condition records of sending or receiving batches.

In short I need to some documentation / guidance on

1. Customer's Own event creation for batch derivation

2. Significance of Fields, "Exit1 and Exit2" in condition records

Thanks in advance.

Sarves

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can I ask you hou much you explored the help file the Exit1 an Exit2 fields?  Did you press F1 with your cursor in that field?  In the pop-up file, did you click on the additional links in that to read about the two business add-in's for batch derivation?  This is pretty well documented.

Did you ask a developer to help you understand it?

As far as adding your own custom derivation events, yes.. it appears this should be possible from looking at configuration.  But so far I haven't figured out a way to do so and I haven't found any OSS notes on it either.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Craig,

Thanks for your reply.

For Exit1 and Exit2 fields I have discussed with ABAper and I think he can create the logic which will be maintained in these fields.

Now the question is about custom event.I have already defined custom event in customizing, but don't know how to call it.In customizing there is no link to any business transaction with this event.so I am not sure how to call this event at the time of any transaction execution.While reading related threads, I observed that you also have posted similar query in the month of March.

Can you please let me know if you got any solution for this.

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Nope.  I did not get any solution for the custom derivation events.  You can add the one custom derivation event 800.  But what if you want two?  Say an 801? How would you add a second one if you wanted it?

And yes, how do you call the event?  I would assume there would be some type of FM or something you can use in user exits to call the event.  But I haven't been able to find it.  We even had SAP provide a platinum consultant to us and they were unable to come up with any solutions.

Craig