cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to define both external & internal number for ASN in both Upload/Download Manager (Supplier)

vaishravikumar
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

In my business scenario I have defined internal number range for ASN creation and I can able to create ASN for a PO Line items.  Up to this it is working fine.

Now business wants to create ASN for multiple line items of various Purchase Orders in single stroke.

Checked the functionality available in SNC is Upload & Download Manager options to achieve this.  However, system expects ASNID (ASN reference to updated in .csv file, as per the procedure recommended by SAP.

Can anybody please suggest and let me know, how can I use Upload/Download Manager (supplier) for Due list of Purchasing Documents by using the current internal number range assignment?

or

Suggest how to use dual number range concept one for internal and another for external number assignment for Upload/Download manager (Supplier) option?

Thanks a lot for your understanding and good response on this.

Regards,

Ravi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

vaishravikumar
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Sandhya,

My client wants to use single number range where we have already defined as internal number range.  The same number range is to be taken when we try to create the ASN with reference to the excel file.

Is there any way to get ASNID automatically from the number range defined.

Also, in such cases, I don't want to the status of ASN as Published.  I want the status to be - Draft so that, supplier can enter the Shipping details when he create ASN.

Thanks a lot in advance for your understanding and response on this.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi

I have not tried this but you can check if below option works for you.

While setting up number range attributes for ASN you can select No Overwrite = No so that whatever ASNID mentioned in upload file will be accepted as ASN number and make ASN number field on create ASN screen as display only so that when user creates ASN manually he wont be able to enter ASN number and it will taken automatically from internal number range defined.

Thanks