cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why some apps in Desktop are not available for phone or tablet?

juancarlos_camachogarduo
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi everyone!, another dummy question.

There is a matrix where you can see which apps run on desktop, phone and tablet?

This happens for example with Order From Requisition App;

I just wanna to be clear about this...

Regards!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Virinchy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

You can see if the app is compatible with Desktops/ Tablets/mobiles from Fiori Launchpad designer.and target mapping of the app in Catalog

Yes, there are few apps that are compatible with desktops only. I have seen them with Simple FInance/ S4Hana apps. The main reason behind this is of the  complex nature of the operations involved in the application and not a scenario to be performed from mobile. The UX transformation (like reducing the clicks , fields , screens are done ) is although done for these apps.

You may see from launchpad designer if order from requisitions app have desktop enabled.

Regards

Virinchy

juancarlos_camachogarduo
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi!

Thanks, i have the same screen

The app documentation says that "Order from Requisitions is not optimized for use with a phone. Please use a tablet or desktop device."

But this matrix is helpful!

Regards!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182967
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

I was never heard of that matrix.

Which version of Fiori Client do you use? Which mobile platform: Android or iOS and its version.

Can you try to use the web browser in your mobile phone to have a test?

Regards,

Ning

juancarlos_camachogarduo
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi!

The Fiori Client version is 1.6.8 for iOS.

I also thought in that, when using the web browser on the phone i have the same result.

But, the app documentation says that "Order from Requisitions is not optimized for use with a phone. Please use a tablet or desktop device."

So, using Fiori Client for tablet i can see Order from Requisitions app.

Regards!