SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order creating using EL01 but not using EASIBI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I came across a scenario where I have an unmetered installation. When I try to create its billing order using EASIBI by checking the box "Enter Billing order/ME results", it gave me an error EL275 "Installation 4101163371: Entry of meter not possible".

When I tried to create the billing order using EL01, it worked. As per my understanding, you can create MRO or Billing order using EASIBI.

Please provide your input.

Regards,

Sanjeev

4 REPLIES 4

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjeev,

Un-metered billing is a SAP Standard process and can be activated by Standard Billing config.

In the Billing schema, you need to use the rate with permissibility for rate category facts and Installation facts.

So in this scenario, you don't have to assign any device or create any register operands etc,as you are entering the consumption into the installation facts.

So the MRU is directly linked to portions which specifies the billing cycle that would take place.

Hence for Un-metered Installations, there will only be billing order and no MRO.

Hope it helps..

Thanks,
Amlan

0 Kudos

Thanks Amlan for the reply. My question is not on whether unmetered installation will have billing order or MRO.

My question is that when I am trying to creating the billing order using EASIBI, it throwing an error whereas when I do it through EL01, it works, why?

0 Kudos

Hi Sanjeev,

When you are doing it through EASIBI with option 'Enter Billing Order/ME Results', it internally calls EL01 for creating the Billing order and then navigates to EL28 for meter read entry.

Now in standard there is a check for flat rate installations, that for these scenarios, the meter reading entry is not possible, which the error that you are getting.

When you are doing the same through standalone transaction EL01, the billing order is created and then you are just going the billing the customer through EASIBI. You are not executing the EL28 transaction in the interim.

Hope it clarifies....

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

Hi Amlan,

I understand the part that EASIBI first executes EL01 and then EL28 and it is throwing this error at EL28 level. But, EASIBI should have created a Billiing order which is not getting created, because an unmetered installation does not need EL28 to get billing order created.