Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JDBC Driver - PO 7.4

silentbull
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

We have a PO single stack and trying to create a SQL server scenario. We use Microsoft SQL 2012.

When I checked the NWA->Configuration->Application resources, I do see a standard JDBC driver SYSTEM-DRIVER.

Assume this should connect all Microsoft or Oracle versions.

I tried the same in the communication channel and it gave me the following error.

'com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver': 'com.sap.aii.adapter.jdbc.sql.DriverManagerException: Cannot establish connection with the registered driver. com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver returns: com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver. : SAPClassNotFoundException: com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver'

I tried both 'com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver' and 'com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerDriver' and both gave me the same error.

Is there anything else that i need to do or BASIS to fix this?

Regards

Sam

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

mate_moricz
Advisor
Advisor

Hi Sam,

Check SAP Note 2232201 which gives basic ideas how to set up the connection for different SQL server versions.

Best regards,
Mate

silentbull
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks, but mine is SQL 2012. Can't find any information on that.

former_member190293
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sam!

I guess you should use 4.0 version of driver - sqljdbc4.jar.

Regards, Evgeniy.

mate_moricz
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

which jar have you deployed in the system? You have to use sqljdbc4.jar in your case.

Regards,
Mate

silentbull
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks both, how do i check in NWA which version is used.

mate_moricz
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

You have to go to NWA -> Configuration -> Infrastructure -> Java Class Loader Viewer and filter for the component name com.sap.aii.adapter.lib and check the Resources tab.

Regards,

Mate

silentbull
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I have navigated and all it shows is the jar file path in the resources tab. Nothing about the sqljdbc4.jar

it just shows the resouce name and resource path.

Ryan-Crosby
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

We just installed sqljdbc4.jar on our PO system yesterday because it was required to connect to an MS SQL 2012 server.  You would need your BASIS team to do the same so that you will be able to make a connection.  You should be able to download it from Microsoft if you do not already have it.

Regards,

Ryan Crosby

mate_moricz
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

Are you sure that there are any drivers deployed in your system? For first step (how to extract the archive for deploying JDBC drivers) check SAP Note 1770206 then check SAP Note 1770304 for how to prepare the archive for deployment and after that deploy it as described in SAP Note 1138877.

As written earlier deploy the sqljdbc4.jar file in the mentioned archive.

Regards,
Mate