cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Follow-up function In QA11 changing equipment status to NPRT when UD is rejection but not removing NPRT when the UD is for acceptance.

former_member473962
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am working with follow up function while entering usage decision in Inspection lot.

My inspection lot is for Inspection/calibration of PM equipment. My follow up action contains the FM for status change of equipment. I have assigned this follow up action to all the codes of the selected set for my UD's (acceptance as well as rejection codes).

When I give UD as any of the rejection codes and save, the equipment status becomes NPRT in background. So far so good.

Now , my requirement is that if I do another calibration work order/Inspection lot, and this time if it passes, then system should remove the status NPRT.This is not happening. During saving of the QA11, the pop-up comes asking if the status should be changed. I enter accordingly but still the status does not change. The equipment still has NPRT on it.

What could be missing?

I know that I can remove the NPRT from the equipment master from IE02 manually, from the PRT data tab but that is not my client's requirement. Please advise.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member198406
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please share the function module you are using for the follow up action.

Regards,

Dipeshkumar Bhavsar

former_member473962
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I am using the FM 'QFOA_OBJECT_STATUS_SET'.

I have noticed that when I use the above FM alone in my follow-up action, it changes the status to NPRT when UD is rejection. The opposite does not happen.

However, when I add the FM for TECOing the order also (QFOA_ORDER_TECHNICAL_COMPLETE) and check all the 4 checkboxes against these two FM's (AftrPst & SyncUpdt), both the changes happen as required.

If UD is rejected, NPRT appears in the equipment and then through another order/inspection, UD is acceptance, then NPRT disappears from the equipment.

Is this std. behaviour or am I missing something here?

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi PR,

I believe any Follow-up action has possibilities to assign upto 99 FM's. So you can try to add one more additional FM in this existing Follow-up action, to fix the UD = A scenario, which will call IE02 and change the status of the equipment appropriately. I am not aware of any specific FM here. But what I can suggest you to create your own custom FM for handling this specific purpose.

Note for UD = R, you need not trigger the 2nd FM, but only when UD = A, this 2nd FM should be triggered, after completing the task for 1st FM.

Please check with ABAP team and suggest your thoughts.

Thanks,

Arijit

former_member473962
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Arijit,

Sorry for the late reply.

Well, I could not solve the mystery as my client was not eager for development or modification of the FM's but I managed to convince the client that they should go for automatic TECOing of the PM order when the UD is being saved for the Inspection lot #.

So, I activated both the FM's and now it is working as desired.

When rejected equipment gets NPRT status and TECO'd. Later when another inspection lot is accepted, NPRT goes away and the associated PM order also gets TECO'd.

Thank you for all the valuable inputs.