Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can we give read only access for enitre account for a user?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am facing one issue in my project i.e,

one user gave reference ID to create account in SAP and she said that the reference user has both read and write access

use that user as reference to create my account in SAP and also she mentioned I should be able to access all transactions what reference is using and I want those transactions in read only/ display state.

Kindly please help me to resolve this problem...

Note: we can't make a new role for all those transaction codes what reference has.

Thanks in advance,

Naveen Majety.

14 REPLIES 14

velden_thorben
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

Note: we can't make a new role for all those transaction codes what reference has.

this is the only way to achieve this - find or edit role(s) with read-only-activities in all authorization objects and assign them to the user after removing the other roles. If this is not an option for you, you cannot solve your problem (at least not in sap standard).

Regards

Thorben

0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

I have an option, Please try it possible.

First take a Copy of the role that you assigned for the user.

Then in the Copied Role goto authorization Tab and Edit it.

In there you have to open the fields, and find the "Activity Field", there change the value to "Display or Read only" and don't forget to Generate the profile.

If you have some Tcodes you can use this method, If you have lot of Tcodes it is not possible.

Please try this.

Thanks and Regards,

Sajmal

0 Kudos

Thanks for the response

0 Kudos

Thanks for the response I will try I have lot T-codes so i guess this solution will not work for me

0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

I have one more suggestion, If the user has "SD,MM, FI" Tcodes ? If yes, I will give yo Solution.

I will give you the "Display only Roles"

Waiting for your replay

Thanks nad Regards,

Sajmal

0 Kudos

User required PO and Billing transaction codes

Thanks for the quick response

0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

I will send you "Display only roles for SD,MM, FI", some major Tcodes are only added on this role. If you want more Tcode you add that in "Menu tab and Generate it in Authorization Tab", it will solve your problem.

Please send your email-ID, If no there is no problem in SCN rules for send personal email & document sending i will send you. please type your email ID.

I don't see any file attaching option, so i suggest this option.

Thanks and Regards,

Sajmal

0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

0 Kudos

0 Kudos

Yes this answer is useful thanks SAJMAL

0 Kudos

0 Kudos

Please do not ask for ppoints

Also your advise if at risk of breaking su24 integration by editing activity field directly

Also, actvt field is not only field for display/change

0 Kudos

Hi Colleen,

Sorry for the mistake...

Regards,

Sajmal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

If you are allowed to create at least one role,  You can try below option for this.

Find out the list of all Single Roles which is assigned to reference User. Create a new single role and add all the profile of single roles (which is assigned to reference user) to this newly created roles.

Once you have new role created, remove all the activity from roles keep only display related activity.

This new role will have all access in display mode which reference user has.

Thanks-

Guru