cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fiori Launchpad Tile Catalog sorted by Id's?!

MattHarding
Active Contributor

Hi All,

I'm noting the Tile Catalog seems to have a sticky behaviour that I haven't figured which ui2, smicm or browser cache clears this after you transport updated roles; but more importantly, it seems that the Tile Catalog sorts itself by Id rather than by Name (after the sort order of the role that contains the catalogs).

Hence the select drop down on the Tile Catalog appears to an end user in a random order (especially if you consider different languages and remote catalogs with different id's like Smart Business Tiles).

So to my actual question - Is there a configurable way for the Fiori Launchpad to sort by Catalog Name rather than Id? (running SAP_UI 7.50 SP2)

Thanks,

Matt

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MattHarding
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I posted the question on SMP and apparently this is by design (I'll ignore the fact that this design was probably not well thought out). 

Fiori 2.0 has a App Store style solution which will address this I'm sure; but for now, I'm just lucky I'm dealing with 1 language and can sort this correctly for end users.

In other words; plan your id's carefully.  And if you have a remote tile id you can't change like Smart Business Tile Catalog; you'll need to plan around it by making multiple roles with different menu sort orders (yay!).

Bring on Fiori 2.0 App Store Catalog!

Cheers,

Matt

MattHarding
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Further to this, even if you do use Id's in the right order; it is still possible to see the catalogs out of order - so suspect there's a bug in the FLP code (running 1.38.5 on SP4 UI Add On 2.0)...Very frustrating...

Answers (0)