cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing attributes' names and descriptions in IBP but not reflected in excel add-in

Former Member

Dear community,

I am currently facing another problem according which even if I changed the name and description of an attribute in IBP, I still cannot see that change in the excel addin.

I log off and log on again but the problem remains. I even restarted my computer.

Would you please have the pleasure to suggest me on that?

Thank you very much for your time

Best regards

Vasilis

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

sourojit_pal
Participant

Hi Vasilis,

In addition to what Ivan mentioned, can you please also check if the attribute that you have renamed are in active state or not? If "inactive" can you please reactivate the related MDTs and check !!!

Regards,

Sourojit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sourojit,

Yes they are indeed active.

I even cleared the cache of Microsoft office (from the download center) in case that this would create any problems.

Thank you for your support

Regards

Vasilis

Alecsandra
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Vasilis,

Did you change the attribute name at planning area level?

Regards

Alecsandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alecsandra,

Yes at that level is also changed.

Regards

Vasilis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vasilis,

You mentioned about some cache in one of your earlier replies. Did you mean, you cleared the 'Metadata Cache' of excel add-in? If yes, then do you mind providing the screen shot of 'Attribute Description' at planning area level and what you see in 'Excel Add-in'.

If you have not cleared excel add-in 'Metadata Cache', then clear that and try.

regards

Rinju

former_member194529
Active Contributor

Hi Vasilis,

Does this happens even after re-activating the PA ? I assume Excel is getting values from the last valid PA to display.

Best regards,

Ivan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ivan,

Yes this also happens after the last successful activation of the PA. (even when activating also the MDT)

Regards

Vasilis