cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migration from SHA1 to SHA2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Currently we are using SAP PI 7.0 for integrating SAP System with other VAN's using Seeburger(AS2 Adapter). We have SHA1 as a signing algorithm.

One of our customer is migrating to SHA2. Now my question is what steps/changes we need to incorporate for the migration from SHA1 and SHA2 in our system? If we migrated to SHA2 does the same impact the other customer scenarios where we are using SHA1?

Regards

Abdul

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abdul,

I assume you are on the version of Seeburger that supports SHA2? If yes, then there would be no impact as Seeburger AS2 adapter continues to support both SHA1 and SHA2 signing algorithms.

As long as the channels for each partner are independent ( and thereby the Receiver Agreements ), there should be no concern.

Do check though if you are on the version of the Seeburger suite that supports SHA2

Regards

Bhavesh

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I just saw that you are on PI 7.0 which means you are on a version of PI that support Seeburger 1.8.2 or Seeburger 1.8.3 which unfortunately does not support SHA-2.

Seeburger started support for SHA-2 only from Seeburger 2.2.1..

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'd like to know where i can find the seeburger version details in IR or ID? Please let me know,

Regards

Abdul

manoj_khavatkopp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes , agree with Bhavesh recently we had the same situation where we were in 7.0 and we need to use SHA2 however this wasn't possible we switched an alternative way of transmission.

To find version http://host:port/nwa/sysinfo under component info you can find the version of seeburger.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

Thanks for the update. Could you please let me know what was the other alternative by which you achieve SHA2? was it through SAP PI or other technology?

Can I achieve the same through PI

Regards

Abdul

manoj_khavatkopp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We had 2 PI system in our Landscape one was 7.0 and the other 7.31 , we had to go for 7.31.

Answers (0)