Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to connect to the IQ 15.1

SybDBA
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All/Gurus,

Greetings of the day ...!!

Today I faced an awkward situation on the IQ server , it was not allowing connection from Interactive SQL, while existing users can do their work.

Even we were able to connect through "dbisql -c ......", but not from Interactive SQL (GUI) along with the error like ,

"Dataserver not found "

while server was up and running.

This all has happened suddenly, there is nothing found in .iqmsg and logs as well in this context.

Sybase IQ Version :

Server Version      : 15.1.0.5043/ESD 3

OS Version :

SunOS 5.10 Generic_150400-31 sun4v sparc sun4v

I am well known to this fact that , it is unsupported version reported by SAP IQ engineers earlier.

Beyond all, what may be the possible cause behind this issue, your inputs will be valuable on this point for me.

Additionally I need the link where stated that Sybase IQ 15.1 is unsupported version and EOL product matrix,

It will be good for me to show as an evidence to the user that you are currently using an unsupported version of this product(specially ASE and IQ)

Thanks & Regards,

Pankaj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Gisung
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please try to configure the following configuration for connection on network tab in client.

- VerifyserverName => No

- Timeout => increase the value greater than the default(5)

- Dobroadcast => None

When communication errors and connection issues happen in IQ, the following kba is useful to know the possible reasons.

Please refer to the details with below KBA.

2173714 - How to get debugging information for connection issues - SAP IQ

https://launchpad.support.sap.com/#/notes/2173714

Best regards,

Gi-Sung Jang

SybDBA
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gi-Sung,

Where to put these values

- VerifyserverName => No

- Timeout => increase the value greater than the default(5)

- Dobroadcast => None

I am attaching the snap of the Network tab of client connection dialog

Additionally I requested the link where stated that Sybase IQ 15.1 is unsupported version and EOL product matrix,

It will be good for me to show as an evidence to the user that you are currently using an unsupported version of this product(specially ASE and IQ)

Thanks & Regards,

Pankaj

Gisung
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In case of dbisql, You can find the other field as follows.

Click the Edit button on other tab.

In case of dbisqlc, You need to put these values on TCP/IP field on network tab.

ex) host=10.34.193.108;port=2738;Dobroadcast=None;VerifyserverName=No

Best Regards,

Gi-Sung Jang