cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using ANST to trace a background process

ceedee666
Active Contributor

Hi all,

I'm currently trying to use ANST to solve a nasty bug related to business partner replication from ERP to CRM.

Whenever a certain change of bank data occurs in ERP, it is replicated via a BUPA_MAIN BDoc to CRM and then the problem occurs in CRM. Therefore, I need to use ANST to trace a CRM MW function module that is running for a certain RFC user in the background. Currently I've no idea how to do this.

What I tried already is to trace the function module via SAT and open the trace in ANST. However, this doesn't seem to work.

Does anyone know if it is possible to use ANST to trace background processes? If yes, how?

Thanks in advance,

Christian

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member17522
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

I have done the test and it's possible to trace background processes with ANST using the start&stop functionality. This works as long as the user for which the BG process is launched is the same user that starts the trace with ANST.

Please check if it works for your case.

Thank you,

Carlos.

ceedee666
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Carlos,

thanks for the hint.

Unfortunately, in our case it is a different user I need to trace (the CRM MW RFC user). I guess I can get away with logging in with this user once. However, it would be great if ANST would enable to select the user for tracing.

Christian

former_member17522
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

Enabling to change the user would required small ABAP changes:

LANST_SEARCH_TRACESO02    

CASE screen-name.     

WHEN 'G_100_USER_NAME'.        

IF g_100_url = 'START_STOP_TRACE'.

* CME

*          screen-input = 0.

*          ELSE.

*            screen-input = 1.

* CME          

screen-input = 1.        

ENDIF.    

ENDCASE.

Is this what you need?.

The user field was intentionally greyed out in note 2052346 so I'm checking with the note owner why it was done this way.

Regards,

Carlos.

former_member17522
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

Can you do the ABAP changes I proposed in my last reply and give me your feedback?. If it works, our developers can create a note so that it's part of the standard functionality.

Regards,

Carlos.

ceedee666
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Carlos,

I'll give it a try.

Christian

ceedee666
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Carlos,

I finally came around testing the functionality. It helped us already find a solution to our initial problem. Therefore, I think you should include the possibility to specify the user in the standard version of ANST.

However, I'd have an additional suggestion. It should also be possible to specify for which function module or method a trace for a user should be written. Basically similar to what is possible when scheduling SAT traces. The reason is that there are usually quite a number of RFCs going back and forth between SAP CRM and IS-U. Limiting the scope of the trace would make it a lot easier to really trace the area one is interested in.

Best,

Christian

former_member17522
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

The following note:

2361155 ANST: Change user on start&stop functionality has been released to make it possible to change the user of the trace.

Thank you from our BC-UPG-NA development team for the note!

Regarding your additional suggestion: Thanks a lot for the idea. It requires a little more analysis and will discuss it internally.

Regards,

Carlos.

Answers (0)