cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

in which situations can I go to create the Business Servive

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Could you help in this what exactly the Business Service, if I create the Business Service can I use that Business Service for antoher Scenarios.

Thanks and Regards,

Ashok.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Business System : This is defined as part of the SLD and is a physical system whose parameters are well defined.

Business Service : This is not defined as part of SLD and whose technical parameters are not completely known.

Regards

Agasthuri Doss

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

>>>>Could you help in this what exactly the Business Service,

exmple:

ftp server from which you pull files but don't know anything about the system

>>>>if I create the Business Service can I use that Business Service for antoher Scenarios.

sure you can use it with many scenarios

remark

business system name will not change if you transport

from landscapes (dev, test, PRD)

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions"><b>XI / PI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</b></a>

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey Michal

>>business system name will not change if you transport

from landscapes (dev, test, PRD)

can u explain this a bit more please?i guess business service doesn't change,am i wrong?

thanx

ahmad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Michal,

>>business system name will not change if you transport

from landscapes (dev, test, PRD) :: Typing Mistake???

It should be Business Service No??

Regards

Piyush

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashok,

Business Service is an Abstract Unit with Sender and Receiver Interfaces..iN this case you need to explicitly add the message interfaces while doing configuration in ID. You use a Business Service, when you do not have the System details of the the partner system to which you want to communicate. i.e. you have not configured the partner system in SLD.

It is generally used for NON-SAP applications, this is just a general prinicple followed but not mandatory.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/c7/301640033ae569e10000000a155106/frameset.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/14/80243b4a66ae0ce10000000a11402f/frameset.htm

Regards,

Ram

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Business Service has to be associated with a Technical system and it is a logical representation of a Technical System in other words Business Service is a abstract representation of a System. Yes you can use for another Scenerio too

Regards

Agasthuri Doss

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

one ideal scenario which comes in my mind is when u dont want to change the business system/service name in Dev or QA or prd

since business service is not dependable on SLD,when u move ur objects to QA and PRD,ur business service name wont change but if u have a business system then it will change based upon the groups and target defined in SLD

thanx

ahmad

Message was edited by:

Ahmad