Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ora-01017 invalid username/password logon denied

former_member290907
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

We have installed ECC 6.0 EHP 6 system (SID – ECD) on distributed environment. After completing the installation we are getting return code 12 error while executing R3trans –d command (screenshot attached for your reference). In trans.log we found that SAPSR3 user is not able to login to DB and giving invalid userid/password error and SAPUSER table/view does not exist though I checked and found that table exist with help of queries SELECT COUNT(*) FROM ALL_OBJECTS WHERE OBJECT_TYPE IN ('TABLE','VIEW')AND OBJECT_NAME='SAPUSER';

SELECT OWNER FROM DBA_TABLES WHERE TABLE_NAME = 'SAPUSER';. Also I reset the SAPSR3 password with the help of query ALTER USER SAPSR3 IDENTIFIED BY   but still getting the same error. I have also referred sap note 400241 - Problems with ops$ or sapr3 connect to Oracle and executed all general checks which went fine.

Please help to resolve this issue.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

fidel_vales
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

the first thing to know (apart of the trans.log requested) is if you are using the "clasic" OP$ connection or the new SSFS as the solutions are different and (I think) not covered on the note

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member290907
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you Imtiaz sir and pavan for your reply.

The issue is resolved now. Actually the password I entered for sapsr3 during installation contain special character (@) and hence it was not allow me to login database because DB was not able to accept that password therefore I deleted the table SAPUSER and re-created it with help of sap note 400421 and this time I entered password for sapsr3 without any special character. It resolved my issue.

Thank you so much for all your valuable inputs.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hiyas,

According to me it should be an issue with OPS$ user, drop the user and re-create the user with proper roles and add the schema name and password in SAPUSER table.

Thanks,

Pavan

ImtiazKaredia
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you attach your trans.log

Thanks

Imtiaz