cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Load Balancing under Vista / GUI 7.10

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am testing the 7.10 gui under Vista. I get it installed, am able to copy my saplogon.ini files etc into the users.... directory instead of windows. However my load balancing entries do not work. In my old gui procedure (which I inherited from the previous admin) I copied some entries into the services file in windows.system32/drivers/etc and of course I can't do that now. These missing entries I assume are why the load balancing entry is not working. Does anyone know of a different way to setup the load balancing options under vista ?? 7.10 GUI works fine on my XP O/S, it's only Vista. Lastly I need to include any additional os level commands in a script that I have the users run that loads the gui, then puts the files in the proper directories on the PC, so the more detail you can provide me, the better.

Lloyd Campbelll

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

After much looking, I came to the conclusion that at this time the easiest solution was to enter the services entry into the setup file prior to letting the setup run. I am using a dowloaded version of the SAP GUI 7.10. In the "GUI\WINDOWS\WIN32\setup" directory, there is a file called SapGuiShared.xml. I opened it with notepad and added my entries to the relevant section (you can't miss it, it has all of the sapgw00...in a long list). I added mine to the top of the list. I saved the file and then just burned the entire "GUI" directory to CD and installed it from there.

I assume there is a way using some admin tool, but I couldn't find it.

Hope this helps you out.

Tom McNabb

Former Member
0 Kudos

That's outstanding...Have you been able to figure out a way to point the saplogon.ini to the "old" C:\Windows path using the installation server, as opposed to the USERPROFILE\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Windows directory?