cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What S4 HANA version is best for "Net New" ECC customer?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

As far as I know there are 1511.2 and 1503 versions available today and 1605 coming in October - I heard.

I have a few discussions with my peers and SAP folks about how to pick the right version.

There are some say go with the latest version (1511), and as usual some say go with an earlier version because it's stable (this part is not that important for me).  For reporting purposes I prefer 1511 with embedded analytics/CDS views etc.

But we also discussed about the customer environment; they are focused on Finance, so some said we should go with 1503, because 1511 has logistic focus and some restrictions on Finance. I was under impression that 1511 has everything that 1503 has + more + better(or am i thinking 1605?). If you know the difference well could you please elaborate on this?

Regards,

Tansu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

AndreasHuppert
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Considering the time it takes the customer to decide, sign the contract and set up the project, S/4HANA On Premise 1610 will be available with more features, industries, newer HANA version ...

Net new customer should also consider the S/4HANA Cloud Enterprise Management

MPS4HANA
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The release selection would primary depend on client requirement.

For a NET-NEW client, who is looking to invest in  Enterprise Management (Finance + Logistics) should choose SAP S/4HANA Enterprise Management (1511/1610).

This link will help highlight the difference between two SAP S/4HANA Products

former_member190010
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tansu,

There is an excellent response in the following thread:

S/4HANA Finance 1503 vs. SAP S/4HANA, on-premis... | SCN

1503 is the second release of Sfin / S/4 HANA Finance by SAP also called as SFIN 2.0

It had a lot of changes and new features in Finance area.

The 1503 release of S/4 HANA had mainly changes in FICO area and the main migration was involved for Finance and controlling related elements.

Now the next release 1508 was also for Financials solution and if you are in 1503 already , there is not much of migration involved.

The next release 1511 has a lot of changes. This release has SAP Simple Logistics solutions.

This has changes in a lot of area like master data ( BP being mandatory for Vendors- Customer etc), in Material management ( new table structure for MM data) and also changes in FICO ( a lot of changes in Asset Accounting)

So if you are moving to 1511 there will a good migration effort and it will be across modules.

For more information, these posts have a good bunch of suggestions and information about the different realeses of S4Hana:

Best Regards,

Emanuel