Did you mean: 

create a single inspection lot against multiple batches

former_member198012
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi friends

I am confused regarding a scenario.A client needs sampling base inspection ,

scenario

100 cartons are received at one location & every carton has unique batch no.

and user  randomly picks 10 cartons and perform QC  so how i can create a single inspection lot against multiple batches

kindly suggest me

thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Every carton is a new SAP batch number?????

Are you sure this aren't like HU numbers or serial numbers?

Seems odd that 100 cartons become 100 batches.  Do they receive them in individually?

You can't have multiple batches in an inspection lot for incoming receipts.

Are you sure of this process??

Craig

former_member198012
Participant
0 Kudos

SAP batch Management is on Material

& Batch is generated on every GR so every carton has batch no

so how i can perform sampling base inspection ?

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So they do 100 GR's and create 100 batch numbers?  I'm sorry to belabour the question but I'm a bit surprised by that and its really important.

Your vendor sends you 100 batches? Each carton is a separate batch?

Does each carton have a separate PO?

Each each carton a separate line item on the PO or is just one line item for all 100?

Are you positive these are not serial numbers?  Or carton numbers?  Is there any commonality of the batch numbers on the cartons?  Like they all start with the same numbers?

449308-01

449308-02

449308-03

etc..

It's important to the solution to really understand this process and if there is any leeway to impact or change it.

Craig

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Radhey Mohan,

Please note that Craig has asked valid questions as the input shared is difficult to comprehend. I think, this requirement should be double checked with client, or form As-Is process document, to understand if the carton's send are really serial number or batch number. And most importantly, these inputs send by the vendor to your client, has to be created as real batch number in SAP or not or that is just going to be information item...

I believe in real production scenario, cartons are issued in production line in stacks or pallets, and not individually, and so specific numbers assigned to it might not be a very 'blocking' requirement. But, still this understanding may vary form domain to domain, customer to customer and other regulatory requirements.

You can think of a simple below process (...pls read it as tweaking... ) to handle this complex requirement -

a) Extend material to batch classification

b) Create a batch class (Class type 023) - ZCARTON_BATCH

c) Create a batch characteristic in CT04 called ZQM_CARTON_CHAR. Please note that this characteristic should be -

i) Multiple values enabled

ii) Data Type = CHAR

iii) Number of Char = 10

iv) Entry Required = YES

During GR of 100 cartons, please create a logistic GR batch (which will be assigned to the inspection lot) and inside it's batch classification, update the characteristic ZQM_CARTON_CHAR with multiple values of the incoming vendor batch. Thus, vendor batch will serve as 'information' while the logistic GR batch will serve as the stock placeholder for 100 PC carton.

Please test this proposed process in your DEV or Sandbox system to check it's feasibility. Else, please wait for some more expert feedback on this.

Thanks,

Arijit