cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Store link to Web Service

sap_cohort
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have a web Service that outputs a single "Sales Force" field. When I configure the data store option and try to add the field to the datastore "Sales Force" is not available anywhere. Why does it give me the "DataStore" option if I can't see and add any fields from it?

Thanks,

Ken Murray

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ken Murray,

did you draw a transition line from your webservice to the datastore?

Did you add (+-button) a new field named "sales force" to the data store?

Did you map both fields on the transition line?

Remember, that the data store field is only accessible within the same iView. I.e. there's no such thing as a global data store.

Best Regards, Benni

sap_cohort
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I did create the datastore.

I did add the field in the data store

Now the problem is that when trying to populate the datastore field via a formula I can't find @SALES_FORCE anywhere .

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kenneth,

I don't know if I understood you correctly.

You have to draw a line from your webservice's output to the data store.

Click on that line and take a look at the configure panel on the right. Assign "SALES_FORCE" to the data store field. Thus, when the webservice is executed, the field in the data store will automatically be populated.

If you want to access the data store from somewhere else, you have to use STORE@sales_force.

Best Regards, Benni

sap_cohort
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, that's what I'm doing. When I click on the output port of my web service I see the "SALES_FORCE" field. When I create the Store I do not see the field as available. Really strange. Any ideas?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hm, can you display the data of that field in a form or table? Maybe the web service delivers the data in a structure which is too complex to handle for VC. A table inside a table or similar. Of what data type is sales_force field?

Try to make a different field, coming from a query or bapi for example, visible in a data store. Is this successful?

Best Regards, Benni

sap_cohort
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It's just a simple field. I only have 2 options coming off of the web service. Data Store and Form. I'm able to populate "SALES_FORCE" into a form but I don't see it as available for the data store. Thanks again!

Answers (0)