cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Performance post codepage conversion

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have done a codepage conversion, on our way to ECC 6.0.

What is everyone's experience on performance after codepage conversion? Better, worse, the same?

We are currently still at 46C. Overnight, longer running jobs throughput is a fair amount better after our conversion.....but I'm not understanding why.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jerry,

Did you notice that the system gets better performance after CPC from EBCDIC to ASCII on 46C?

Best regards,

Victor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, considerable better on longer running overnight type jobs. I was not expecting that, nor understanding why.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've seen this better performance on two types of runs. Our nightly MRP processing, and a group of end of month processes, overhead/variance cacluations, and settlement. I can't detect this improve in other processes.

No config changes. I'm really puzzled by this unexpected run time improvement.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jerry,

If you still have an EBCDIC system, could you get a SQL trace in ST05 on either job, and compare the query plan? Is it possible that it was caused by an old SQL package or LIB_DBSL patch level on the EBCDIC system?

Best regards,

Victor

Former Member
0 Kudos

No EBCDIC system left, we are all ASCII.

Our nightly MRP runs have ran in a consistent amount of time for years...so I don't think SQL package is the issue. An oddity about this, the FIRST MRP run after converting to ASCII ran about 4 times longer than the normal run, a huge spike in run times. Then all subsequent runs after that ran in about 1/10 the time before the CPC, a huge decrease in run times.