Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SU24_AUTO_REPAIR:Complete Missing modification flag in SU24

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Could you suggest, whether i should execute program SU24_AUTO_REPAIR:Complete Missing modification flag in SU24, before or after upgrade. And more importantly, how do i check, the missing modification flag.

I have referred the relevant notes, but could not find the flag(in tables) impacted

Regards

SF

5 REPLIES 5

Bernhard_SAP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Sky (or Fly?),

the SAP note search is your friend.

SAP KBA 1954558 etc.

b.rgds, Bernhard

0 Kudos

HI Bernhard,

As mentioned earlier, i have been through those notes. where it suggests(in 1954558) " The inconsistencies have to be repaired before the upgrade already, as we need the old SU22 data (from before the upgrade) to restore the missing table entries. ".

As i understand, Inconsistencies are missing values of 'X', in USOBT_C/USOBX_C. So, why SU22 data(USOBT,USOBX)are required, to restore missing table entries. 

Also, the note says " As of release 7.31 SU25 is time stamp based, therefore the timestamps of the first execution of 2a need to be reset."

But, why timestamp of first execution of 2a needs to be reset. More importantly, , what does 'time stamp based' SU25, mean?

As per note: 1599128, time stamp will copy data from USOBT/X to USOBT_TSTMP/USOBX_TSTMP. So, what relation has it got with step 2a and 2b

Regards

0 Kudos

Hello sky (or fly),

Q: So, why SU22 data(USOBT,USOBX)are required, to restore missing table entries. 

->A: to be able to identify the difference between su22 and su24. If there is a difference->set modification flag.     Explained in http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-42755.

Q: But, why timestamp of first execution of 2a needs to be reset. More importantly, , what does 'time stamp based' SU25, mean?

->A: Point 4 of note 1954558 refers (as the other Points) to the section       
       "Although if you have executed 2a already, you still have a good chance to overcome the issue."      

'time stamp based' means, that not  a list of chagned t-codes is used for su25 worklist, but a comparison of timestamps of changes, upgrade, execution of su25 etc.

b.rgds, Bernhard

0 Kudos

Hi Bernhard,

my SU25 2a and 2b run shows that 'Comparison with SU22 data already completed'. But i have never run it. I have never run Expert mode in SU24. Could you suggest, why 2a and 2b, does not show any result

Regards

Sky

0 Kudos

Hello Inna,

probably you have run SU25_INITIALIZE_TSTMP after the upgrade and not before the upgrade as per documentation.... in this case run it again with the 'reset' option.

b.rgds, Bernhard