cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hybris marketing and integration scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all.

I'd like to gather opinions cause I'm not able to find in the documentations this kind of scenario.

We want implement Hybris Marketing starting initially with segmentation and then using other functionalities. As backend we have SAP CRM and ERP. One year ago we started SAP HANA projects for reporting importing all data from CRM/ERP to HANA through SAP BO Data services on owns custom HANA schemas and tables.Naturally CRM and ERP do not run on HANA. So we already have all data on HANA. So we think that we should  to deploy SAP Hybris Mkt as standalone.

Some questions:

From your point of view, are we able to use all Hybris Mkt functionalities without have the data on standard ERP/CRM schema? For example in the segmentation we saw there are the possibilities to change the data source working on HANA views but for you the interaction contacts must exist on Hybris data model (CUAND_CE_IC_ROOT and so on)? Any suggestions would be appreciated

Best regards.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183196
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Roberto,

Your observations are right.  The contacts/accounts (master data) must exist in interaction contact tables in order for you to leverage functionality of yMKT such as segmentation, campaign mgmt. 

if you have SAP ERP/CRM, the recommendation is to use SLT to replicate data to the ERP/CRM schemas in yMKT and run some standard ABAP reports that extract contacts from their to interaction contact model.  There are out of the box segmentation profiles that work with transactional data from ERP/CRM schemas in yMKT HANA directly.

Going back to your question, can we use yMKT without data ERP/CRM schemas.

Answer:  Yes you can but you have to make sure contacts/master data is already interaction model and I also recommend you load any specific transactional data (sales orders,..etc) as interactions using the API so even transaction data available for segmentation, fact sheets..etc. 

Hope this helps

Thanks

-Bharath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bharath,

thank you for your details.

We haven't SLT cause at the beginning when we started with HANA reporting we decided to use use BO Data Services to get the data from ERP/CRM to import in HANA own schemas.

For you How can we integrate without SLT server? Do you know if SAP suggest a methodology for this?

Then, suppose we have SLT, and all CRM data will be replicated on SAP_CUAN_CRM

When you say master data/contacts should be in the interaction model ...it's not very clear (for me of course) because it's necessary replicate the interaction contact. In this way we sholud have the BP on CRM (customer in ECC) tables and also in YMKT tables. Is it right?

Then, in the segmentation model, there are standards data sources like SAP_CRM_CUSTOMER (or SAP_ERP_CUSTOMER) and also SAP_CONTACT_ENGAGEMENT. I think with the first one I can segment directly on CRM tables without have interaction contacts.. Do you know what is the goal of these data sources?

Best regards, Roberto

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

lionel_passerino
Associate
Associate
0 Kudos

Hello Roberto,

From a technical point of view, the data of CRM and ERP is already in the same HANA as you Hybris Marketing and therefore can be compared with the co-deployment option (running CRM/ERP on the same HANA but a separate NW installation).

Your special kind of integration (without SLT and as well not really co-deployed) is not supported, but I guess would work.

There will likely be issues in any Insight-to-Action integration (e.g. replication target groups back to CRM) and the setup procedures (task lists). Besides this, you would need to meet the minimum requirements of the source ERP/CRM incl. all relevant notes, list of tables, etc. to get the HANA content correctly mapped and activated. Please review the installation guide and the table content of CUAN_TC_TABLES for more details.

I hope that clarifies some aspects, but as said, this is not a standard way to integrate CRM/ERP to Hybris Marketing and product support will likely deny or delay improvements/corrections for this.

Best regards,

Lionel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Lionel, thank you for the answers.

After your considerations we have thought to revisted our landscape introducing SAP CRM schema (SAP_CUAN_CRM) and SAP ERP schema (SAP_CUAN_ERP) but we'd like replicate the data from SAP CRM and/or SAP ERP without LT server. Getting the data from SAP CRM/SAPERP could be with SAP BO dataservices. We'd like to have your opinion.

Another question: we'd like more details about the report "CUAN_IC_MASTERDATA_EXTR_FULL" because we know the IC can be used to store contact information (Type 01) or corporate account information (Type 02). Is it possible (for example with a BADI) to choose if a CRM BP must be a contact or account throughs this report?

We'd  like to have other details related segmentation ... one of this could the differences between SAP_CRM_CUSTOMER (or SAP_ERP_CUSTOMER) and  SAP_CONTACT_ENGAGEMENT.

Regards, Roberto