cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Technical Enhancement for In-Process Inspection

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

We wanted to create scenario wherein after process order release system will check that, if for the parent material Z3 inspection type (for in-process inspection of customer characteristics) is maintained or not?

If Z3 inspection type is maintained for the parent material then with respect to it's master data, inspection lot will be created and if Z3 is not maintained then standard inspection type 03 will be considered by the system.

We found some exits on forum to check whether this will be possible or not but no one applicable.

Is anybody has done such type of enhancement or know the exit or steps to achieve this requirement technically?

Thanks,

Naresh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think I follow what you want.

If parent material was inspected using Z3 inspection type, then inspect child with 03.

If parent material was inspected using 03, then inspect child with Z3 inspection type.

But I am a bit confused as I think Arijit is as well.

What is the difference between the Z3 an 03 inspection types?  Because it is an 03 origin, there are really very few settings that you can make different.  Are you chosing between mtrl spec and task list?

You might be able to do the same thing by just checking the settings in QMAT for the parent and changing the settings used in the child based on that vai QPL10001.  No special inspection type required.

Some elaboration on the unlying requirement might help us understand.

Craig

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Naresh,

Please can help me understand this process.

It seems, finished goods material may have in-process inspection type 03 or Z3 assigned to it (but not both). Both these inspection type accesses the same production order routing. So I believe, whatever may be the inspection type assigned to finished material, system should ideally should pick same MIC's for both the cases.

Please can you suggest - In case if material master has Z3 inspection type assigned, then form where the MIC's are supposed to be read and assigned to the inspection lot? If so, it may need to delete the already assigned MIC's in existing routing operations and need to copy the customer specific MIC's...

May be you can again explore the below exits with your ABAP team in the below order -

QPL10001  QM: Inspection lot creation - editing work area on creation

QPAP0001  Enhancement - plan reading

QPAP0002  Enhancement for material/plan assignment, plan selection

QPAA0004  Enhancement for transferring mstr insp. char. to task list

Thanks,

Arijit