SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding new device Status

0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

For one particular client requirement, I need to add an extra device status through IQ02 where if the option is selected, the device can't be used for further usage .

Presently, device status is either 'Activated' or 'De-activated' - which can be changed manually to vice-versa. Wherein another status 'Expired' needs to be added which should also be locked down.

Please share your thoughts to implement the same.

Thanks,

Krishanu.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

monis_shakeel
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Krishanu,

You can make use of 'User status'.

This is a tagging you can make to the status of the devices besides the standard system statuses such as 'AVLB' , 'INST' etc using IQ02.

You can configure your own statuses and mark the relevant ones in different stages of its lifecycle.

Check T code: OIBS.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Monis Shakeel

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

monis_shakeel
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Krishanu,

You can make use of 'User status'.

This is a tagging you can make to the status of the devices besides the standard system statuses such as 'AVLB' , 'INST' etc using IQ02.

You can configure your own statuses and mark the relevant ones in different stages of its lifecycle.

Check T code: OIBS.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Monis Shakeel

0 Kudos

Thanks Monis,

This makes sense .

I'll try to do the changes in Dev and let's decide upon the outcome. Also, I was thinking in other way by using the authorization object as well.

0 Kudos

Hi Monis,

I was trying to add an additional User Status . Could you please guide me to select the Object Type for the same. I tried googling but somehow confused .

Requirement : Once the other two statuses and deletion flag is selected, it should act as warning.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Create a custom status profile with the relevant user status and business transaction.

You need not select any object type here.

Once done assign the status profile to the Equipment in customizing.

PM -> Master Data ->Technical Objects->Equipment->Assign user status  profile to Equipment Category.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Rakesh..

sapisurdg.wordpress.com

0 Kudos

Thanks Rakesh, it worked.

Now where I am stuck is - there are two statuses within the status profile - one is ACTIVE another is EXPIRED.

This part is done.

Now once EXPIRED is selected , the entire transaction should be locked down - that is user can't further change the status .(no next action)

Kindly help me to implement this .

Many Thanks.

Krishanu.