cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to do PGI in VL02N, System shows empty error log

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are facing weird error, while trying Post goods issue for Outbound delivery in VL02N system shows empty error log and we cannot proceed ahead.

We checked in debug mode and we could see few error messages were triggered as follows but none of them appeared in log-

Error 1: Company code XXXX is not assigned to an FM area

Error 2:Of the required quantity of material XXXX, 1 EA remain(s) open

These messages did not appear in Goods Movement Error Log and hence unable to proceed. Any quick help would be highly appreciated.

Delivery document flow is: PO -> Return Delivery to Vendor -> TO Completed with HU

Thanks,

Adarsh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all for help, the main issue is why the Log is empty if there are errors and we are unable to proceed.

Regards,

Adarsh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Adarsh,

for your first error create a dummy Financial Management  area and assign this to your company code

Define Financial Management area :-

SPRO -> Enterprise Structure ->Definition -> Financial Accounting ->Maintain FM Area

Assign Financial Management area to company code :-

SPRO -> Enterprise Structure -> Assignment -> Financial Accounting ->Assign Company Code to Financial Management Area

Regards,

Mahesh

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For your first error message, you need to ask your FI consultant to configure the required settings.  Else, search SCN or Google with the same text, so that, you will find the required IMG path

For your second error message, it is self explanatory.  Stock is not there for the said material. Ensure the correct storage location

G. Lakshmipathi

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I could find 4 OSS notes when searching with: VL02n error log empty

All 4 OSS notes had program corrections.

If you are certain that your empty error log is not eventually caused by own coding  then I would take the issue to SAP Support desk.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply Juergen,

Could you let me know those 4 notes.

Regards,

Adarsh

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You should actually be able to find them yourself, I already told the search term.

I had not included the notes on purpose since they are not recent and were valid in 46c for example. I just mentioned this as an example that empty error pages are considered as bugs and not as normal.

former_member429363
Participant
0 Kudos

Can't find 4 OSS note with the search term "VL02n error log empty", please kindly help.

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Once we faced an error without any details at the time of PGI and the issue was with OBYC determination. Check all your settings again and if possible share the error message screenshot.

Thank$