cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing Odata service on /IWFND/MAINT_SERVICE.

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are trying to activate a sample Fiori App. RFC connections have been established, necessary services have been activated on 'local' front-end system. We picked up a sample service of MyContacts.

However, when we accessed /IWFND/MAINT_SERVICE trying to add the service from back-end, we didn't receive any results. Actually, there are no services available at back-end at all.

Systems aliases are well-defined:

Can you please advise what might be missing?

Thanks in advance,

Eli

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

saurabh_vakil
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

A couple of points to consider here:

1. Are you using hub architecture?

2. Have you successfully tested the RFC destination from the front end gateway system to the back end system?

3. Does the component SAP_APPL 617 on the back end system meet the requisite SP Level as given here Fiori Apps Library?

4. In the Add Service screen in transaction /IWFND/MAINT_SERVICE after selecting the back end system alias, have you tried entering the value SD_MYCONTACTS in the Technical Service Name field and searching for it?

5. Does the user with which you are trying to activate the OData service on the front end system have the authorization object S_SERVICE assigned on the front end system and authorization object S_RFCACL assigned on the back end system?

Regards,

Saurabh

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

RFC is successfully tested. Our SAP_APPL is 6.04 SP 005, which meets the requirement for this particular App. /IWFND/MAINT_SERVICE gives no results what-so-ever, when back-end alias system is slected; that's the point.S_RFCACL is assigned on back-end. I don't see, though, S_SERVICE object on front-end... Should it be assigned? Could it be the root of the problem?

Thanks,

Eli

saurabh_vakil
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think the SAP_APPL component does not meet the required version.

If you check the Fiori Apps Library even for the oldest release (Delivery Q4/2013) of the My Contacts app the required back end version is EHP7 for ERP 6.0 SPS02 and SAP_APPL 617 SP2.

If you are on any lower version of SAP_APPL then this could be the reason the OData service is not available for activation.

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We had this suspicion... However, on the App's page on help.sap.com the minimum version is marked differently. But, you are right: on Apps' library page, the minimum is 6.07. Does it mean, then, that with the version we have, there are no services/Apps available at all?

saurabh_vakil
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That might not necessarily be true, you would have to check the app reference library for the minimum system component versions for respective apps.

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The problem is that you cannot filter out easily on this site. I focus only on ERP back-end component, e.g. 'SAP ERP', which also gives this 'My Contacts'. And then, surprisingly, the minimum lelel appears to be 6.07, despite the fact, that in component filter there is an entry 'SAP ERP min. EHP 7'

saurabh_vakil
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There seems to be some inconsistency in the app reference library. I just checked the My Contacts app for SAP Business Suite - Lower back-end versions and selected Delivery Q1/2014 for lower releases and now the minimum ERP version I see is EHP4 for SAP ERP 6.0 and the component GBX02SA4 604 SP0. Not quite sure what is going on here.

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Indeed

Chantele
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

What's the technical service name of your service?  Sometimes they show up better if you populate this field.

Regards

Chantele

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I was trying to filter on technical name, but the fact is that there is no services available at all, if I select back-end system alias.

Regards,

Eli